Things that make you go :-)) take two!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Sam, Sep 3, 2008.

1. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Almost having the packing done, ready to move house in a couple of days.

I hate the packing & the build up to moving, so I'm glad it's almost done. :)

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Got this running and went for a spin for the first time on over a year. :D

Attached Files:

3. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

very randomly remembering this one time i was doing fixed push hands exercises back when i was training taiji, where i accidentally stuck a finger in my training partner's nose when it was my turn to push (we were doing a high finger thrust on the pushing motion)

4. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

That awkward social situation when you’re in a group and one person is talking and the others stop paying attention and the talker desperately tries to find a listener and ends finishing their sentence to either a total stranger or the wall. That stuff is hilarious, except when it happens to you I suppose. Then it’s embarrassing.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  5. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I just loudly yell "AND THAT'S WHY THEY'LL NEVER FIND THE BODIES" cackle and leave. Definitely makes the situation less awkward.

6. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Two things I love came out of retirement the last couple of weeks.:love:

1. Berke Breathed has taken the awesome cartoon strip "Bloom County" out of retirement after 25 years and it is as good as ever! You can subscribe to it on Facebook. I don't know if you can access it elsewhere.

2. Art Bell is back on the air! Coast to CoastAM with George Noory just slowly declined over the years until I lost interest. But the original host is back! Again, on the Internet.

I love alternative media and the digital age right now!

7. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Art Bell - funny, I was wondering what ever happened to him. I'd stopped listening right around the time he left so I don't recall Noory.

It had a few humorous moments - Bell hated callers to ask if it were indeed Art Bell on the other end of the line. Once a hapless caller asked Bell who he was and Art became exasperated - "Oh, you ordered a pizza? Did you want anchovies on it?"

Nonplussed, the caller said "No, no anchovies. I hate anchovies", lol.

8. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Just booked my annual 'big' holiday...

I'm going to Iran in November! :happy: :banana:

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

That's an...erm.... "novel" holiday destination.
    We're off to the lake district next week. :)

10. Frodocious

Enjoy!

I shall have to curb my natural 'women should be allowed to wear what they want' tendencies and behave myself. On the plus side, I won't have to worry about my hair for the whole 2 weeks (head scarves are compulsory in public). :)

11. Frodocious

Woohoo! Had my check up with the ophthalmologist this morning and he's cleared me for sporty stuff again. I asked him if contact sports and heavy weightlifting were a good idea and he said 'go ahead and live your life, you could just as easily get hit by a bus tomorrow', so yay for a medic who doesn't take the easy way out and advise you to stop doing anything that might possibly cause issues! :)

12. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Are you going to the Zoroastrian Yazd Atashkadeh temple?

13. Frodocious

That we are! :) The highlight for me will be Persepolis (or at least what's left of it after Alexander got his hands on it...) :)

Just trying to sort out the visa at the moment.

14. David Harrison

Exciting!

I only just found out last week that the Foreign Office has removed it's travel warnings about Iran, when I read a travel piece in the paper. I'm very jealous! :)

15. Frodocious

I was planning to go to Cuba, Canada or Ethiopia for my hols this year, but when Iran appeared on the agenda I jumped at the chance, and was very glad I hadn't booked anything yet. The fact that the trip I've booked had £200 knocked off it also helps, although the cost of the visa is going to negate that - but it'll be worth it (hopefully)! :)

16. David Harrison

Hope you have a great time! :)

17. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I still have trouble believing it, but if nothing comes in between (like me breaking another bone or dying from something) I will actually be his Uke for his grading :)

It won't be this year though, but in the beginning of the next year.
    (Which is good for me; because my arm is having his fifth infection now after it was broken and got operated, I get my plate removed early. Like: Tuesday.
    After 7 months instead of 12-18.
    This way, we can train properly for his grading, starting in a few weeks.)

I'm nearly jealous of his courage to take me as Uke though.
    It's his grading for his 5th Dan, and I'm still a yellow belt.

For me this is a once in a lifetime chance :)

18. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

Yesterday, me, my sensei and a friend were going to a seminar. We slept in one room and to make it on time, we had our alarm set on 5:15 AM. Five minutes after the alarm, without any signs of any of us planning to actually get up, sensei spoke out to me with a terribly sleepy voice:

Sensei: "You should go to the bathroom so we all have enough time to take turns."
    Me, also sleepy: "Why should I go? I'm just going to brush my teeth, you wanted to take a shower..."
    Sensei: "Ladies first..."

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  19. Frodocious

20. Frodocious

I want one!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1i7gB3VhEI&feature=youtu.be"]AMAZING Millennium Falcon Drone by Air Hogs! Force Friday! Star Wars Episode 7: Force Awakens News - YouTube[/ame]