Firefox Flash problem

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by SpikeD, Apr 10, 2014.

1. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Hey guys, I am having an issue with flash on firefox for the last two days. Worked one day and not the next. It seems to be hanging whilst content is loading rather than not working at all. I have noticed it on miniclip and on Facebook. I have tried disabling add-ons in firefox and even uninstalled and re-installed completely (which was an issue in and of itself for some reason) without any success. Flash content works fine in chrome and IE. Is anybody else having a similar problem? Or just a useful suggestion. Cheers me mukkas.

2. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

The flash versions for browsers are different, I would uninstall the Firefox Flash plugin, then commence to www.ninite.com and let it auto update for you.

If that doesn't do the trick, backup your Firefox data, uninstall it, and reinstall.

Could be a common problem for example if you have the wrong version of Flash installed (manual install for example) and you got the 64 bit or something instead of 32 and vice versa.

Alternatively, if you do have a 64 bit processor, I would try installing Waterfox.

3. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi 'SpikeD',

I've stopped using Firefox in favour of Chrome, seems more reliable and less prone to issues like you are reporting...

4. SpikeD

Thanks for the help. I had already tried manualy uninstalling and reinstalling flash to no avail but tried again just in case but still nothing. I definately have the correct version installed and like i said it worked fine one night, next day it was buggered. For a couple of days before i was getting constant permission windows pop-up on all flash sites regardless of how i set the permission it asked the next time.

I had uninstalled and reinstalled firefox and still the same issue. Anyhoo i have downloaded waterfox and i don't think i will go back to firefox now because Waterfox is fast; I mean like Ninja fast in comparison to Firefox which seems to have become slower with recent updates. Thanks for the intro to Waterfox; I had not heard of it :hail:

5. CrowZer0

Waterfox is awesome if you have a 64 bit processor, it's a lil buggy at times but nothing a refresh won't sort out, it's still in development, similar to other 64 bit variants of Firefox like Ninite, Pale Moon and the older ultra light weight K-Meleon.

If you want something super fast and light try slimbrowser.

Chrome is decent, but does not compare to FF, WF, or other varitants of FF.

Chrome is heavy on resources, (open up a few tabs and compare with others).

FF is highly customisable and can be set to a lot more stable, faster and lighter on resources than Chrome, but my Waterfox on benchmarks blasts any major browser out of the window with tweaks. I do use Chrome if I need two browsers up for something, but Waterfox is my primary browser.

6. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Which OS are you using?

Have you tried the adobe site for the update?

7. SpikeD

I'm running windows 7 64bit and i have updated and re-installed from adobe's site.

8. SpikeD

I like the way when i click on something it happens without a second delay on Waterfox compared to FF. I still don't understand why flash works one day and not the next on FF and also how flash works on WF but not on FF even though they are, for all intents and purposes, the same animal.

9. CrowZer0

Beta FF perhaps? Some extension updated and caused problems? Ghostery? Adblock Plus? Could be a lot of variables. You could try uninstalling FF, and the flash for it, restarting, cleaning registery and things with CCleaner or as I prefer Slim cleaner, restarting again then reinstalling.

I usually deal with problems by formatting. If a couple of quick fixes or googling doesn't solve the problem. But I do that 3-4 times a year any way.

10. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Simply put Flash has always been a pain. Which is why we replaced it with CSS3, Javascript, webm and HTML5.