Where can I put my power rack?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by AxeKickAllDay, Apr 15, 2014.

1. AxeKickAllDay

AxeKickAllDay New Member

So I have been thinking about getting a power rack to help build strength and the only problem is that I live in a 3rd floor apartment. My options are to set it up inside or in the communal garden but both have problems.

Inside

-Deadlifts on the third floor? The neighbors will not tolerate noise.
    -It could damage the building.

Outside

-Someone could steal (lol) or more likely, vandalize the cage.
    -Living in Scotland, I need a way to stop it rusting in the rain.

My question is: what do you think I should do? Is there anyway to fix these problems so I can use a barbell to train or will I have to give up on the whole idea?
    Sorry if my question is in the wrong place or has been answered before. Any advice is appreciated.

2. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Hmm, that's a tough one.

I'd be inclined, just for security reasons, to keep it on the third floor. Put large, chunky cushions/blankets down when you deadlift. It will make the lift a fraction easier by raising it a fraction off the ground, but should muffle the noise of it being put down a bit more.

Is the power rack an absolute must? Would a pull up bar, kettlebells an' such not be more advisable in your circumstances?

3. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

join a gym, or buy an out door rig and keep you bar and weights in your flat.

odin and cooper make sound outdoor rigs

4. AxeKickAllDay

AxeKickAllDay New Member

I'll make sure to check those out, cheers.

It may come down to that in the end, but I was recommended the major compound movements over on the stretching side of the forum, and would like to listen to that advice.
    I have a pullup bar and a kettlebell already, but they just can't do what a heavy barbell can in terms of developing raw strength.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014