Things that make you go GRRRRR.... (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Rhea, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Ditto on this, I had some idiot FB me a video stating that Ebola isn't real and is being spread by Government agencies/Red Cross ect. I didn't watch the video as 1)its bollocks 2)in really bad taste.

I normally find the tin foil hat brigade amusing but not this one.....

2. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

In other news that makes you sit there and go...what?!

A Tory MP has actually suggested that sex ed for teens should be reduced or even scrapped because "sex education fanatics" who are teaching teenagers basic sex education are actually responsible for the number in teenage pregnancies we have today.

...Yeah, because not talking about sex and its' implications is going to stop teenagers having it. Obviously.

:bang:

3. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Well, you know, in order to put something into muscle memory, we must practice what we've been taught

4. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

If your school officials/teachers are as incompetent as typical US types are, you really don't want them teaching your kids about sex. ;)

5. LemonSloth

I knew we were right as kids to insist on practical lessons! :D

Ha! No, we do alright on the whole. Lawd knows how we churn out some of the people we do though.

6. matveimediaarts

Perhaps a few chromosome mixups? ;):D

7. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

I just caught a combination of strep throat and Mono. I feel like I'm going to die.

8. LemonSloth

Uber man-flu, ouch! You have my sympathies dude.

9. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

I was having a debate over FB with a friend(who happens to be a Christian) over this recent news story:
    http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/...to-end-life-checks-last-item-off-bucket-list/
    When he realized his logic wasn't as sound as he thought and could no longer rationally or biblicaly defend his position he fell back on the good 'ol "Gods ways cannot be understood by men" argument. I very strongly dislike that reasoning, it is such a cop out!

10. matveimediaarts

What was your debate about specifically? I might be able to contribute from an Eastern Orthodox POV.

11. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

He considered it a violation of the commandment not to murder.
    Murder is defined as an unjustifiable killing. I consider the circumstances of such a case to justify her decision.

12. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Just got back from the petrol station , why do people drag the nozzle across their cars to refuel on the "wrong" side just to save a couple of minutes ?
    I was sat waiting for my turn when the pump on the opposite side became free , the Range Rover sport that was sat behind me , that's a what , £40000 car ? , pulled across to use it , I then watched him drag the rubber hose all across the back of his car and he had to push himself tight against his own car as someone wanted to use the pump opposite him as he was now stood in the middle of the lane , all to save a couple of minutes ?
    Lifes too short.

13. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Why do people sit waiting for the "right" petrol pump to be free when they can just drag one to the other side of the car?

:)

14. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Why do people drive their Range Rover Sport into a wall when trying to park in a Morrison's car park?

I did laugh.

15. LemonSloth

The TV showing Christmas movies the day before Halloween. I've already seen two. It's as bad as shops selling Christmas decorations and stuff in SEPTEMBER!!! :mad:

This is coming from a guy that actually likes all the tacky decorations, terrible movies and awful music and what-not.

16. Heraclius

Heraclius BASILEVS Supporter

I die a little bit inside when Christmas stuff starts turning up in the shops.

17. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Try working in retail - you die a lot inside when you see it all starting to show up. Don't worry though, it's November - Easter stuff should start showing up in a few weeks.

18. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

My 5 year old has picked up nits at school.
    Damn things are tricky to get rid of. :(

19. Heraclius

Heraclius BASILEVS Supporter

I actually worked retail over the Chrismas break a couple of years ago. I think this is part of why I dislike it. Of course, it's always hard to get into the mood when it hasn't snowed... and is over 40°C.

20. LemonSloth

Dear dentist.

Thank you for at least caring over my phobia of needles and at least attempting to remember that the concept of you drilling in my mouth is not something I particularly enjoy (as many people don't).

I appreciate I need a filling as one of my teeth isn't in the best condition and to do that, you must drill. I do not have a problem with this save for the general dentist anxiety and for clarification, having a false tooth and a couple of fillings in the past, I can cope with it.

However, for future reference, please make sure THAT THE GOD DAMN ANAESTHETIC IS ACTUALLY WORKING PROPERLY BEFORE DRILLING A BOLLOCKSING GREAT HOLE IN MY TOOTH, DON'T KEEP TELLING ME TO SODDING RELAX AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND THAT LOOKING TICKED OFF AND ASKING "So what's the problem?!" WHILE YOU ARE CAUSING ME PAIN (TO WHICH YOU ALREADY KNOW) IS NOT THE BEST BLOODY QUESTION YOU COULD HAVE ASKED!!!!!

:bang::bang::bang:

Today has been the first time I have ever walked out on any kind of medical exam/treatment because I couldn't trust the person doing it. He put a crappy temp filling in and told me I have to come back "in a better state" next week. Funnily enough despite everything, I was absolutely fine before he started drilling. What a coincidence! It's almost like the two are connected!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

And breathe...and relax...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014