What Is Your Favourite Kick...?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by jazzysingh, Oct 30, 2012.

1. *Dusty*

*Dusty* New Member

favourite for sparring, a good well timed axe kick gives me great satisfaction, I also love anything with a 360 degree spin involved though!

For demo purposes, a flying side kick or 360 reverse turning kick.

Back in my younger days a 540 bitchagi (half turning kick) was always fun or the split kick/back leg turning kick combo.

Now I practice hitting hard rather than often :D

2. SyDiko

SyDiko New Member

Situational!

Sparring - Double, Triple, or even Quad Round Kicks depending on opponents skill level. :)
    Someone holding a Shield - Back Kick (Regular or Jumping)
    Someone holding a paddle - 360 Anything (Air)

3. B3astfrmthe3ast

B3astfrmthe3ast Warning:Extreme power!!

i am simple i love side kicks all of em standing,reverse,jump, jump spin,360 etc.....

4. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

My all time favorite kicking techniques are from Muay Thai, Te tat (roundhouse) and Te trong (push kick).

From Taekwon-do my favorites were the Tornado Kick, jumping front kick, and jumping turning kick and jumping back kick.

5. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

Shin Kick for self defense See video at 32 Seconds +
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jn8qiMjiOM"]Get Shorty (10/12) Movie CLIP - Beating Up Bear (1995) HD - YouTube[/ame]

6. Asterix187

Asterix187 Valued Member

I am trying to use a reverse turning kick (not to be mistaken with a spinning reverse turning kick) in sparring more as its a nice attacking technique.

7. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I love the simple swing kick, nice and effective, lots of power. Some people might call it a crescent kick.

8. Asterix187

Asterix187 Valued Member

A swing kick is called a twisting kick in TKD.

9. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

front twist kick.

10. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

its only took me 25 years to appreciate the side piercing kick. its amazing that the fancier kicks people claim to be good at are proportionate to the quality of their side piercing kick.

11. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

For many years I have told people that if the SPK is good, it is likely all other kicks will be good. Although one of the more difficult kicks it is taught sooner rather than later for that reason.

Had some students who had trained in Poland and their instructor told them the same thing. So, this is an idea shared by any.

12. nintyplayer

nintyplayer Valued Member

Why such little jumping front kick love?
    It is the best kick. Nobody expects it, and while getting punched in the chin may send you down, getting kicked in the chin will do just as much damage.

13. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

Will you consider "foot sweep" as TKD kick? It's so similar to the low "roundhouse kick". If you just use low roundhouse kick to kick a bit lower on the ankle level. it can be a "foot sweep".

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TewQdzZIsb0"]low roundhouse 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  14. TKDstudent

TKDstudent Valued Member

There are sweeps in ITF TKD for sure. But they are different from a low turning kick, which of course can be used to sweep or kick someone off balance. Sweeps in ITF TKD are done with the back of the heel/foot or the inside of the footsword/sole/foot.
    The technique is included in a BB Pattern as well.

15. itf-taekwondo

itf-taekwondo Banned Banned

Flying sidekick (Twimyo Chagi) is probably my favourite kick to perform. But I am not sure which my favourite kick is overall.

16. GojuShotokan

GojuShotokan Valued Member

Mea Geri off the back leg
    i also like the roundhouse kick especially when delivered to the inside of the leg

17. GoodHeadkick

GoodHeadkick New Member

The backkick.

If land one of those bad boys knocks the wind out of my opponent pretty good. Also is a bit of a slap in the face insult to psyche your opponent out.

- GoodHeadKick

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  18. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome to MAP GoodHeadKick.

Please do not keep posting advertising links as this violates MAP's Terms of Service and will result in you being banned.

Mitch

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  19. pascalywood

pascalywood Valued Member

Sole kicks and spinning heel kicks have been my favorite lately.

20. Allers

Allers tricking, kicking

Really loving the 540 kick right now. Only took me a year to learn :D