Judo Check In

Discussion in 'Judo' started by G50, Oct 7, 2005.

1. erogers

erogers New Member

I've been on this forum for a while already with my Hapkido training. I just started Judo with a local university club affiliated with the USJA. I've had about 2 weeks of classes so far, and I quite enjoy the live sparring grappling coupled with my self-defence locks/breaks/throws.

2. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I haven't posted on this thread but been doing for 10 months, and have a training log which is now just Judo

3. bigstu31s

bigstu31s New Member

4. etali

etali New Member

I just started Judo. I'm a 1st Kyu in Shukokai Karate, looking for some ground work to go with it. Big learning curve but enjoying it so far.

5. dimitris

dimitris Valued Member

Karate and Judo mix great,good call.Enjoy it

6. zavir

zavir New Member

I began training in Judo in July of 2009 and I am currently a Yonkyū. I have really been enjoying my time with the sport thus far.

7. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

All hail Judo.

8. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Welcome to all new people here, hope you stick around :)
    Looks like will be dipping my toes into judo again after a LONG time away with injury, hoping it all goes well.

9. DarkPhoenix

DarkPhoenix New Member

My name is Craig and I have been doing judo for 20 years on and off. I have currently been on for about 6 years now and hold Shodan rank, as well as coach and ref certs with USA Judo and USJA.

10. Frey86

Frey86 New Member

Hello all

Hi guys,

I'm Matt from Wales. Been doing jodo 6 months, totally hooked and currently white belt. Hoping to grade soon.

11. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP, Matt.

12. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Keep going...it's worth it

13. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Welcome to MAP, new folks. Judo is great fun. Take all the classes you can (from a good teacher, of course). I've only done a bit as part of a brief kaju study, but judo was my favorite. :D If there was a judo dojo nearby, I would be there.

14. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

IM not a pure breed Judo man as I practice a hybreed selfdefense system, that said we use a few Judo sweeps and throws, good luck to all the Judo folks out there.

15. ride57

ride57 New Member

Hi, Doug (Washington state) just started judo. I havnt done anything in about a year 1/2, so I need to start slow. I was studying Taiji chuan (also stayed for the class it was a mix of TKD, Wing chun, silat, boxing, jujutsu)

Doug

16. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

17. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

Been doing Judo since February. Great fun, fits in well with my other arts.

-Mark

18. kidsamurai

kidsamurai New Member

hi guys :)

ive been a judoka for pretty long time now, currently a brownbelt, hope to learn a lot here in MAP. :)

19. billdyer99

billdyer99 New Member

My name is Bill. I have been doing Judo for about 5 years. I am a 4th Kyu.

20. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Welcome to MAP, Bill.