Thought of the Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ero-Sennin, Nov 27, 2012.

1. flaming

flaming Valued Member

2. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I think it's considered lame to travel with parents until you are too old to care.

3. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Yeah, I've been to… I dunno, a ton of countries with my Dad. Fond memory was putting back a few bottles of Chardonnay with him while we watched the African Savannah at night in a tree house. :D

4. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

I took my mum on holiday with us last year, at her request I might add. It was weird after so long, but I guess I am officially too old to care now :)

5. flaming

flaming Valued Member

6. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

7. flaming

flaming Valued Member

lol
    Yeh

8. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I avoid politics like the plague; to be honest.

9. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

For a lot of people I guess it's a little odd. But, nah. It's awesome. I won't even sit in the same room as my father, be thankful that you have a good relationship with him, most people don't have that with their parents.

Mate of mine used to go to punk gigs with his dad. His old man was into punk back in the day, when my friend got into,they'd go to gigs together. A lot of people ripped the hell out of my friend...I thought he was lucky and not just 'cause his dad would buy him beer and then do the driving.

10. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Just one more brain fart. Sorry.

'The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline towards the religion of solitude.' Aldous Huxley

:confused:

:ban:

11. webcrest

webcrest Valued Member

work hard in silence, let your success be your noise.
    have a cool day

12. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Yep

13. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  14. flaming

flaming Valued Member

^No it isn't but lack of sleep is... possibly.

Can someone please put a thought here.

Something other than politics. I know politics is important but the vote has been and gone. I can't really grab an AK and become the next Che Guevara.

My thoughts are all daft today...

15. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

How about a blind man solving the Rubik Cube.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S82HH5bY5PE"]Color Blind Man Solves Rubik's Cube In 5 Seconds - YouTube[/ame]

16. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Thoughts....

Post-op downtime is miserable. :bang: All's I've been allowed to do the last month is light stretching. I can feel myself atrophying and getting chubby (though I've stopped the sweets since hospitalization). :eek: :( My voice is still awful (pretty sure it was the intubation), so I haven't been able to go to voice lessons or practice. Can't lift any significant weight (not even the guitars) or do much of anything fun. *me goes stir crazy* I am pretty much finished with a new symphony, though. And my soundcloud page is coming along. I have some followers, too. :D :cool: (I might put it in my signature.) I'll have to try getting back to prose fiction writing and such things.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2016
  17. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I am keeping my diet quite bland at the moment because people gain weight after quitting smoking. I have replaced my alcohol intake with fruit juice.

I think I might start writing songs. Perhaps I will get some catharsis from it.

Good luck trying to find something fun, I'm having difficulty with that at the moment.

18. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Fruit juice is great, but, for this context (using it as a substitute so that you do not gain weight) you might not have considered that it's probably very high in sugar, and sugar is a weight-gainer.

19. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Do you give money to beggars in the street?

20. ladyhawk

ladyhawk Valued Member

First Strike

Your first defensive strike is instinct, anything after that is considered intentional.
    So, make your first strike count.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016