Want to get out of TASK!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Mrcwtkd, May 16, 2016.

1. Mrcwtkd

Mrcwtkd New Member

Anybody ever stop a successful TASK program? I want to get out and just teach a traditional TKD Program. Kids in this program have gotten ridiculously hard to teach. Lack of discipline, don't practice, terrible parents! I can barely stand it anymore. Making my attitude bad! What will I need to do? Scared financially but ready to make the jump. Any advice out there on how to go about it?

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

What's TASK? Google ain't helping

3. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Have you signed a contract tying you in to a certain organisation, and does that contract have exit penalties or non-compete clauses? If the answer is a resounding no, then it doesn't seem there would be much trouble, but if you've opened a franchise or otherwise signed some sort of non-compete, you may have issues. In that case, the best bet is to seek legal advice.

4. Mrcwtkd

Mrcwtkd New Member

TASK is transported after school karate.

5. Mrcwtkd

Mrcwtkd New Member

Not in any franchise.

6. Hannibal

How many nights a week, for how long and how much do you get from it?

Also are you a full time instructor or hobby teacher?

7. Mrcwtkd

Mrcwtkd New Member

I'm a full time school owner/instructor. TASK Class is 5 days a week, Mon-Fri from 430-515 pm. The money is what keeps us afloat. $200,000/year. Profit after expenses is $50K. 10 staff and payroll taxes are killing us! $6K/month! I guess 45 minutes is a small price to pay for such a cash windfall.

8. Hannibal

And to be honest yes :)

That's why I was asking, because with any job there will not aspects that are less palatable... Use this as a way to divert students to the other programs and learn to "eat the bitter"

It's not easy, but that is a solid income stream and not to be sniffed at

9. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

...I'll help you get out if I can take your place. Back of an envelope calcs put that at $1000/hour.