Kuk Sool Zero Tolerance

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Gary, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Due to the recent spate of inflammatory posting, insinuations, suggestions and just plain childlike name calling in the Kuk Sool area of MAP lately the moderation team have decided to enforce a temporary zero tolerance policy until things cool down a little.

This does not mean you cannot argue, however it does mean you stop at discussion and don't resort to cheap tactics which add no value. This area will be monitored closer than others during this period and bans or locked threads will be enforced wherever we deem necessary.

As a side note this area was created due to popular demand for it from members, it can just as easily be closed completely. We ask for your cooperation in this matter as these measures are as much to clean up your area as they are anything else.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  2. Hyeongsa

Hyeongsa The Duelist

Wrote a post...didn't word it right. Maybe I'll try again later. I'm not sure WHAT I'm allowed to say...

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Anything you like as long as you don't verbally attack anyone in particular

4. Gary

5. Hyeongsa

Hyeongsa The Duelist

I read the terms. It seems that a few people on here didn't.

Many of the threads on the Kuk Sool area are very informative and helpful. I have one that is based on nothing but the forms and has served as a very informative guide! And I understand you guys "dont' care" about organization strife, but if someone calls you a fraud, a liar, or makes a thread about how awsome their association is and that anyone that isn't part of it is basically a thief for teaching that art (not naming names here, but that thread was shut down and that person banned WAY too late), and isn't shut down or warned RIGHT AWAY and is allowed to attack like that, then I don't see how you can threaten the whole community, instead of just taking care of those particular people. It seems like...certain people....should be warned. This warning is somewhat uncalled for, I think.

Now the whole community is being threatened for the misactions of a few people. Yes, I've done my fair share of attacks. But only in response of the insults that went unchecked by the moderators in the first place; I understand you guys have it rough keeping up with eeeeeeverything on this place (it would probably overwhelm me) but it seems genuinely unfair to threaten all of us for the screw ups of the few. If I screw up, send me a warning or do what you need to do. But this is like punishing the whole class for one person messing up. It only shows that the individuals can't be controled and that the easiest thing is to just "nuke 'em".

And yeah, I'm the guy that questions these type of things. Not being an ass, I'm just genuinely asking. Hopefully I won't get warned or banned for asking this since, as I said before, I'm not sure WHAT I'm allowed to ask or say now.

6. Gary

That's why we're doing this.
    Everyone has an opinion but it's how that opinion is being expressed that we're concerned with. The mod team is only a few people giving up their free time, if you see a post that contravenes one of the rules of the ToS there is a report button ([​IMG]) on the top right of each post. This will open a discussion in the moderator area about what action should be taken. If you feel it would help then adding the ToS rule you feel was broken can help us understand the problem and come to a solution sooner.

For the purpose of clarification, opinion about an organisation doesn't usually call for action unless another ToS rule is broken such as language or intending to incite conflict. Expressing your negative opinions about another poster will normally fall under the personal attack section of the ToS.
    Ok, the 'community' is not being threatened. Anybody posting in this area is going to lose any leeway we may usually allow in our moderation. If there are insults flying about then report them, don't respond in kind. If someone has broken the ToS and a poster chooses to break the ToS in response they can expect the same consequences.

It is in no way 'punishing the class'. Nobody needs to break the ToS and the level of moderation is as strict as we maintained in the original ToS. If someone is inciting an argument, report it. If someone posts personal insults, report it. If anyone breaks ToS, report it. We will only react to posters who have broken the rules that everybody who posts here agreed to as a condition of joining. In no way are we punishing everybody for the problems caused by a few.
    Everything you posted was well within the ToS and on a personal note I prefer people to question our actions. Forums are all about discussion and explanations and I would rather someone ask than everyone decide we're victimizing individuals. As I hope I have made clear, for the average poster sticking to the rules this change will mean nothing. For anyone who ignores it the consequences will be less lenient than we often enforce.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  7. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Can I just add to Coma's post that it can seem that moderations takes a long time. For example you might see something that leaves you fuming and report it.

That reported post will then be picked up on and discussed by moderators who are all over the world in different time zones, who log on at different times. No action is taken hastily, because we try to get things right and give all the mod team time to chip in.

As a result you need to allow a couple of days for action to be taken in all but the most extreme cases.

Please bear with that process; it may be frustrating for you but if you report a post it will be looked at and any action warranted will be taken. The key is to report it.

Mitch

8. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

A quick update on this: we've had a number of complaints about the amount of petty bickering in this forum. Recently, a good number of posters have asked us to step in and moderate threads that have got out of hand. As a consequence we will be renewing the zero tolerance policy in an effort to create an atmosphere more conducive to civilised posting. As such, if a thread starts to descend into a slagging match either the thread will be locked or individual posts with offensive comments will be deleted wholesale, at our discretion.

Please note that we do encourage lively debate. Posters are more than welcome to disagree and debate with each other - it's what makes discussion of martial arts fun and educational. What we are trying to discourage here is petty sniping, name calling and the kind of childishness that derails what could have otherwise been a good discussion.

Thanks.

9. WalkInPeace

WalkInPeace Valued Member

In addition to the negative types of comments mentioned above, I'd like to put in my two cents that I've seen several otherwise good threads devolve into the tired Association/Non Association argument, which will never, ever be resolved.

I know we have other threads directly relating to this topic; would it be possible to make one of them sticky? That may help.

10. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

Gee, Fishy, it was so-o-o-o hard for me to tell that the ZTP had ever been lifted, as I was never notified. :rolleyes:

And it's not like this thread being a sticky somehow makes me magically clairvoyant.

No point... just sayin'

11. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

I want to hold may hands up firmly here and say I understand why people (in this particular forum) might see my participation recently as negative.

I want to say however that I have never in all of the time I've been a member of this site, actively sought to character assassinate a fellow member but, equally, I am not someone who -in real life- or through the media of this website, suffers fools gladly.

When I see people acting is ways which are clearly intended to rub others (perhaps including myself) up the wrong way, even if that behavior falls marginally within the TOS, I find it necessary to challenge that behavior. Indeed it is obvious that my opinions and concerns have been shared here and in another sub forum recently, and this indicates that I'm not alone in how I see things.

I accept there is a recognised method of reporting posts and I commend the staff here for their tireless efforts however, the post reporting function is not a 'catch-all' facility for everything and, it is inevitable there will be some degree of self regulation in terms of people's behavior and how they contribute.

Finally, to those people who have had to endure the amount of dialogue which otherwise derails a topic, I for one extend a sincere apology, I do not however apologise for having the tenacity for taking those people to task.

Regards to you all

Dave

12. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Jedi Powers are awesome!

13. unknown-KJN

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU (always)

14. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

Trouble is, as I see it, one whining little git in particular has deliberately gone out of his way to wind up as many people as possible on here, and is almost certainly the one who is the very first to click on the little red triangle as soon as he gets anything back. That's the major flaw with forums such as this where people can hide behind the anonymity of their avatar and their keyboard!

15. unknown-KJN

Peek-a-boo!​

16. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

You know I'm not talking about you!

17. elliotmurphy

elliotmurphy Valued Member

Who is hiding behind avatar,lol.

Just joking, this IS a shot Kayakin IN DECEMBER, MAN IT WAS COLD.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  18. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

NOT ME!

19. jamesdevice

jamesdevice Jötunn

well, after all that, SeongIn was banned for three days

20. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

Well, that's izumizu and now Seongin. Both of whom have gone out of their way to be irritating and non-contributory in their behaviours.

Perhaps, just perhaps these people will begin to understand that you can't behave like this and expect to get away with it indefinitely.