Examples of a Good and Bad "Which MA Shall I Learn" Thread

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Moosey, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Good:

I'm a 19 year old guy and I want to learn a martial art with loads of grappling and close range techniques. I'd like to learn for self defence but mainly competition so something where you get to compete in loads of tournaments would be great. In the long term I want to go into MMA, so something with a good track record there would also help!

--------

I'm a 16 year old female and I'm really interested in Japanese culture. I'd love to do a martial art that includes some of the cool weapons that you see in the movies but also where you get to learn in disciplined surroundings. Something where you get to cover all your bases would be good so something with a bit of striking and some throws and other nasty stuff too!

--------

I'm a 41 year old black belt in jiu jutsu and I'd like to learn something that focuses on striking so that I can brush up on that side of things. Although we do some punching at my club. we don't really focus on kicking techniques so I'd like to learn something to improve my flexibility and teach me how to use my legs effectively.

Bad

Sorry to ask this question again but I'd really like to do martial arts and I don't know which club to choose. Which one would you do?

---------

I want to learn the best martial art for the street - which one is that?

---------

I'm really interested in getting fit, which martial art would help me to do that?

---------

Writing a good question

To be able to help you, we need to know a bit about you - most importantly, exactly what you're looking for out of a martial art. If you're not sure, take 10 minutes and think about it before you post. Write something more like the top examples and less like the bottom ones and you'll find people are really happy to help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.