Krav Kaga Scare Mongering

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Simon, May 20, 2017.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

This has just been sent to me by another member of MAP saying it's preying on people's fears, so let's take a look.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/terr...seminar-with-israel-cohen-tickets-33658988942

The instructor's credentials seem impressive.

So now to what's offered on the course.

I have many questions after reading that, such as is this a week long course, is it residential, do I need to have a military background, are real or blank firing weapons going to be used, what protective equipment is going to be provided and much more.

Let's read on.

"A must for all students." So it's aimed at existing Krav Maga students, so in what time frame am I expected to take on and be proficient in the course material?

Answer - 3 HOURS.

Do the instructors really expect their students to be proficient at disarming a terrorist in just 3 hours of tuition?

Just dealing with the legal ramifications would take a complete seminar.

Take a look back at some of the recent terrorist attacks and you'll recall people have lost their lives.

If you are teaching students to deal with this you have to have committed and well drilled attackers and from the clips I've seen it's not the case.

There are plenty of Israel Cohen videos on You Tube. I'll let you do your own research there.

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

But.... but.... He has Israel in his name. He HAS to be legit.

3. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

I'm afraid we're going to see a proliferation in this kind of thing.

4. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

I wonder what would happen if someone staged a terrorist attack at one of his seminars...

5. Sandy

Sandy Valued Member

That's a shame, because the IKMF was a decent Krav organisation when I last trained with them. That was several years ago, so I hope it's not changed.

Mind you, Krav's never been shy of the business side of martial arts. I guess this won't be the last "anti-terror seminar" that crops up. Not that I need a seminar, since I can always rely on my chi to survive a terror attack ;)

Last edited: May 21, 2017