Getting my diet sorted out.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by AndrewTheAndroid, Jul 1, 2016.

1. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I have a lot of weight to lose, so I finally decided to get my diet in order. I cut out almost all bread, sugar, carbs in general. I am sticking to meat, veggies, fruit and nuts. I usually have eggs (sometimes w/ bacon) for breakfast. Chicken or a beef patty with some salad for lunch. I am drinking a lot of tea these days to help with suppressing my appetite so I don't eat from boredom and it also helps with my mood.

Getting tea drunk(yes that is a thing) has really helped reduce the stress I am going through. For dinner I just have more meat and salad. If I need a snack during the day I will have a smoothie of some sort. And sometimes at the end of the day I will have some popcorn. Not the healthiest choice I know but I think it is keeping me sane.

So far I am loosing a pound a day and while I know that it is mostly water weight I still feel good about it.

2. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Keep it up dude, just try and stay on your feet as much as you can. Blast some music and dance. I've even started gaming standing up and walking around when using a controller. Helps general mood a lot.

3. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Have you tried adding hot chilli sauce to your meals?

The hotter the better I imagine.

I remember reading that it helped once.

Best of luck.

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Bill Wallace has eaten junk food (in moderation) pretty much every day of his adult life. Burgers, hot dogs, fries, Coke, ice cream, even to this very day at 70z Yet he's always been in incredible shape, still is. It really just comes down to working off more than you eat.

[​IMG]

5. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Genetics plays a part I imagine.

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Dunno mate. Genetics has always been too complex for me to get my head around. All's I know is, I've had pizza every nighy this week and I've lost 0.2% body fat since Monday. Grind in the gym, eat what you want. Life's too short to worry about the small details.

7. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

How much pizza? Pizza is one of my favorite foods and I stay away from it for the most part currently. I also don't eat 1 or 2 slices. More like the entire damn pizza in a sitting xD

8. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I'm presuming that a whole pizza in Britain is smaller than 1 slice of an American pizza. Like when an American says they had a soda they mean they had a gallon bucket of the stuff.

9. Rebecca_Daw

Rebecca_Daw New Member

You need to take small meals after some interval throughout the day instead taking big meals twice or once. Eat a balanced diet which includes proteins and avoid which contains fats.

10. Emanon

Emanon New Member

I never had a weight problem and I guess I'm just lucky that way. But I have been working out most of my life and my metabolism runs high. I have also been eating pretty good since my 20's (I'm going on 60). For years now my diet has been very clean and for the most part I don't consume anything that has an ingredient label on it. For years that meant NEVER! I've loosened up a bit but still make sure the label has pretty much nothing on it. An example would be Tomato sauce. Ingredients would have to say "tomatoes" that's it. I might let slide a bit of olive oil or even salt in small amounts but only real stuff. Not chemicals and fake junk like Canola oil and the like. Anyway, one of the best books I ever read and I think everyone would benefit from isn't even a diet book. "Diets" don't work. Eating right does. Remember a thing called cooking? lol. The book was by Michael Pollan called "Food Rules." It basically explains eating good and simple foods...not a diet, just real food consumption. Common sense really.

11. AndrewTheAndroid

Lost 14 lbs since may. Not a huge amount I know but I'll take. I decide to download a nutrition textbook and I have to say I have really learned a lot.

12. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Keep it up! Are you taking any supplements? What does your diet look like atm?

13. AndrewTheAndroid

Take tea extract once in awhile. My diet still is not great but at least I'm not eating as much. I also started Lifting and am going to add in cardio.

14. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

one thing that's helped me when i've dropped weight is to track my daily calories. there are lots of of free online tools you can use.