Gracie Barra Glasgow

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by righty, Apr 4, 2017.

1. righty

righty Valued Member

Just to be clear, I am not that reddit poster and have never met the person. I have also never had the pleasure of visiting Glasgow, or Ireland at all for that matter.

This was only posted because I thought it may be of interest as MAP members are relatively UK focused and may find it of interest.

2. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

it's not in ireland; it's in canada.

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Scotland

4. Giovanni

if i can just point out how absurd this whole thing is again....righty doesn't even know the freakin' country.

so yeah, someone somewhere said something on the internet. let's repost it on map. "do with it and discuss as you will".

oh look, someone on the internet thinks the earth is flat.

https://theflatearthsociety.org/home/

5. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

to be fair pretty much all the UK BJJ forums have covered the situation too.

The actual issue is grading en mass with little to no QC, but then again Royce gracie started that can of worms!

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I mean... I get what you're saying man, but these rumours were floating around the Scottish scene for a long time.

So how come you're taking it so personally? Did you train there?

7. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Sorry, it took so long, I have a lot to do at the moment.

No, they weren't sparring; they were just practicing this guard pass on a cooperating partner, who was essentially waiting that the other does the technique.
    Pretty much like we did before.

From the looks of it, everything gave him problems, as if he were doing ot for the first time; I recognized some of the problems from myself earlier.

To make it clear: In case it was the first time, he did that technique - okay, no problem.
    I'd still would have expected more froma bluebelt, because BJJ belts are suposed to be worth more (as a lots of BJJ-people point out a lot ;) ) and it's not overly complicated.
    But since it really is just a basic thing, I was extremly surprised.
    I just tried finding on youtube and will try again later, if that helps.

8. Giovanni

Sorry guys, just set me off.

9. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Well we don't know the guy. He might be coming back from injury, or just having an off day. Some days I train I can't do a damn thing :D

10. righty

righty Valued Member

What I am genuinely struggling with is 'why?'

Would you rather it not be shared at all?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017