Where can I buy martial arts supplies in Metro Manila?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by c-a-r-t, Jul 14, 2016.

1. c-a-r-t

c-a-r-t New Member

Do you know any stores in Metro Manila that sells cheap but quality made MA supplies?
    I'm specifically looking for plain Arnis sticks, 6ft staff, and kubotan (the flat ones).
    I never got the chance to visit Squadron Shoppe back then before they closed down or relocated.
    I don't want to buy/ship online. Visiting a physical store would be better plus it costs less for someone with a tight budget.

Also, does this store still exist? The latest reply of "narra" in this thread.
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12843&highlight=metro+manila

Thank You in advance!

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

You're asking where you can buy kali sticks..... In the Philippines?

4. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Most popular martial art in the Philippines is TKD, followed by Kung Fu.

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Well colour me shocked. Kali still must be a whole lot easier to find than here? And sticks I would have thought would be sold at any good sports outlet. In thailand I could buy Muay Thai stuff at most shops

6. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

I would go looking around Quiapo and Valenzula city.. I know several instructors in the area that might be able to direct you

7. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Muay Thai in Thailand is bigger than football is here. Kali is pretty easy to find in the UK, so maybe not. I'd also suggest it's easier to find in some parts of the Philippines than others. They're sticks in a country where rattan is widely grown. I doubt you'd get them in sports shops, people probably just buy them as wood.

8. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

I always find a good quality rattan furniture maker and hand pick all my rattan from the piles before they are stripped and ran through the kiln. I pick up the staffs that I want and have them cut to my specific sizes, (21-29 inch)
    Pay for the staffs and getting what I want is easier than going through a stack of stuff in a martial arts store/sporting goods store and not finding a matching pair of sticks worth the trouble