Inner power and superhuman abilities

Discussion in 'Silat' started by haidarfarhan, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cakra

Cakra New Member

Why don't you do some test for yourself? it is much better than calling loonies to people you don't even know.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Did that, proved it was fake and easily replicated and am therefore happy in calling out anyone who says otherwise.

Dead_pool likes this.
  3. Cakra

Cakra New Member

I am not under training nor teaching. Would you come to Indonesia and do some test by yourself?

4. Cakra

Cakra New Member

Would you allow me to test you? :rolleyes:

5. Simon

Nope and mainly because it's stupid.

Would you come to the UK and face someone who will actually put you under physical pressure.

Of course you wouldn't because you know you couldn't face someone who is trained and will hit first.

It's all too easy to be on the other side of the world and hide behind a couple of foolish videos.

It's also easy to say Randhi's tests were fixed.

Fact remains that other than outside of your art and your own believers you can't replicate your claims.

Carry on though. It doesn't affect me other than me not allowing nonsense to be posted as truth.

6. Simon

Go on.

7. Cakra

Cakra New Member

No pressure at all... You can do any method you want (as I did before), ask them to do whatever you asked. Except no electro magnetic field nor chemical swab on face (which randi did). People would do anything to avoid paying one million dollar. Well, if you changed your mind sometimes in the future please email me, I would be happy to drive you around for free, no money at all. At least we can be friends and you can enjoy Bali as well..

8. Simon

Ah, I expected some sort of internet test.

I appreciate the invite, but as I said the test is fake and you've already excluded some tests.

I'll not be wasting my time or money, thank you.

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Not forgetting one of these clowns already backed out of facing me because I was going to smoke his boots....In the name of science obviously

10. Hannibal

How much experience do you have with stage magic?

Then how do you expect to recognize it when you see it?

Randi failed these fools according to a protocol THEY agreed to...And the lies about "stinging eyes" make me.laugh my ass off. They can see through materials and use it in a fight but not when their eyes are a bit tingly? (Which I consider another lie btw)

I still maintain that anyone who believes this nonsense is being foolish, and anyone who propagates it to other people is committing a fraud.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2017
  11. Monchu

Monchu New Member

Hi all, I would like to introduce first myself Monchu the President of Merpati Putih Australia Inc. I don't want to get involved in arguments in this thread, it looks like a long thread already.

I would like to clarify some points from the comments here.

Three of the videos posted in this thread was part of our roadshow 2013-2015 promoted Indonesian Pencak Silat in general and the opening of the first Merpati Putih School in Melbourne, Australia.

During that period we did the presentation in front of various audiences from Australian Multicultural Department, Australian Defence Force, Monash University, Radio ABC Australia, Community Events and even in my Council area as well.

As a registered institution in Australia, cheating or promoting any fake action in front of the public is against the law. It is not only damaging the Merpati Putih reputation in general, but it is also a big risk for myself as the president of this organisation.

I'm a sceptic person as well, and I agreed that what we have in our core knowledge in Merpati Putih such as Breathing Method, Object Detection, Vibration and Inner-Power all of those things are not scientifically proven yet. Arguing such thing is useless. Even some Indonesian believe that we are cheating or using black magic.

I had good advice from Victoria Multi-Cultural Affair Minister. He told me; I want to believe it, but part of me deny that. What I suggest to you is change the introduction concept, like how Yoga approaches their audiences. Yoga selling peace, health improvement etc. it's not scientific proof as well, but most Australian or westerners will easy to accept that concept. Instead of convinced them that visually impaired person could detect the object. And, in addition to that; he said you are also facing with the big guys out there, pharmacy/vision industry who already spent billion, research for visually impaired drugs, tools even the dog guards industry will not be happy with your presentation.

To be honest, most of Merpati Putih seniors are willing to share this knowledge with the world. It is not always about money; this is the knowledge that gives lot benefits for humanism, education, healthiness; it can be explored along with science to get more understanding of human energy.

To arrange the control environment for science research of this subject is not in our capacity. We can teach the knowledge; we can prove the result; however, we don't have a scientific method to support that. That's the fact as our challenge in Merpati Putih at the moment.

Finally, for my friend Haidar Farhan. Salam kenal mas. I understand very well you're proud to promote MP. However you will waste your time to convince others who are a sceptic on this subject, to change their opinion. It doesn't work like that.

Cheers

12. Simon

The problem is all I see is your test using your guys and girls.

The sparring is poor and again just using your practitioners.

I invite you or any of your representatives to our annual charity event to prove your claims.

I'd also be interested in your reply to the question, "how do you deal with someone highly trained who will hit back?"

Have you ever tested it against anyone half decent outside of your own art?

I don't mean a low level student, but someone who will sit you on your backside.

It's not that we are sceptical, it's just that we've been training for decades ad know false when we see it.

Knee Rider, Dead_pool and Hannibal like this.
  13. Hannibal

So basically you are saying "we can prove it except we can't"

How does that work?

Dead_pool likes this.
  14. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

You can't prove the claims and so you need a marketing strategy that detracts from them to stop people constantly calling you out on it? Brilliant.

Fly me out and I'll do any test you want. I'll write up my experience film it and get it to a broadcast journalist at ITV. I could do with a break in the sun and a good laugh.

Dead_pool and Hannibal like this.
  15. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

A little rationality goes a long way.
    If superhuman/magical powers were actually learnable/possible for people, think of the clamor that would result in the scientific community.

Scientists have tried to show all sorts of phenomena, including ESP/psychic stuff. None of the experiments pan out.

I think the likeliest explanation is people tricking themselves into thinking something supernatural is going on (our brains are very good at tricking ourselves, unfortunately). (Or lying.)

16. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Or the military. If these claims were real, this stuff would be taught to the Navy SEALs and all other elite groups.
    No, wait -- it'd be taught to all infantry soldiers after basic training. Seriously, what army wouldn't want ground troops who can see in the dark? :rolleyes:

Dead_pool likes this.
  17. Monchu

Monchu New Member

I don't believe superhuman exist. What I believe all human have the same senses exist in their consciousness. The difference is only which part of their sense is more sensitive than others.

All of us can learn how to play the guitar, but the only talented musician can become a good guitarist. Similar in martial arts, only a few students able to become a good fighter.

If we trained let say, ten students who are purely blind to detect the difference between colours, the success rate is around 60 to 70%. For adults, the success rate is lower, average 30% - 40%. Kids, on average the success rate higher than adults. That's the reason why it is not easy to prove this scientifically.

All of us educated by western education method. We are taught based on our ages, by batches, not an individual development.

The benefits training object detection for the visually impaired person is not to make them a superhuman. It will help them to move freely inside their house. On the road, by the law, they have to use a stick.

18. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

How and why was this ability first developed in your system?

And also does it work from behind/ through walls etc or does sight without eyes only work exactly the same as sight with eyes, but with a thin blindfold on?

19. Monchu

Monchu New Member

In 1978 I was a Shaolin kungfu student, and taekwondo as well before joined Merpati Putih. At that time I also sceptic about the inner-power method stuff.

One of our instructors in Merpati Putih was an active member of Indonesian Special Forces. Until today Merpati Putih method is taught in Indonesian Special Force / Kopassus as their main martial arts education, they have to learn other martial arts as well.

20. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

What does Inc in your business name stand for?

What sort of registered institution are you?

Which law prevents you from fake action?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.