Tai Chi and Qi Gong music

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by FabianKSound, Jan 29, 2017.

1. FabianKSound

FabianKSound New Member

Hey Guys,

I'm practicing Taichi Chuan and Qi Gong for years.
    It gives me power and relaxation and also inspires me as a musician. I've composed many songs because of martial arts.

A couple of days ago I uploaded my Video
    "1 HOUR RELAXED ASIAN MARTIAL ARTS MUSIC ".

Link removed

What's your opinion about the music? I'm very interested in your thoughts. If the first song doesn't match your taste, please skip a bit forward to get an impression.

Thanks for your time and feedback. :)

Fabian

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

I'm afraid we don't allow links back to personal sites or You Tube channels if they're part of an advert or promotion.

3. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Personally, I'm not a fan of plinky-plonk music whilst practicing tai chi.
    If you need background music to focus, then your training is not effective.

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

This argument goes back and forth and my instructor often had music in the background.

I don't think it makes a difference to your training.

In my JKD class I switch from having music to not bothering.

Same with the Eskrima. Sometimes I have the drums, sometimes I don't.

5. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

I think there is a difference between having music on whilst practicing tai chi, and using music as an aid to help practice tai chi.

I often having music on in the background whilst practicing, but it does not set the tempo of my workout.
    A lot of these kinds of 'meditation tracks' end up being used as a crutch; "well, I can't concentrate because there are too many distractions going on, and I usually have my meditation music on to help me concentrate".

6. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about it.Whether intended to be or not,it can become a "fog" of sorts over other distracting sounds.

And Simon,there's a difference between having raucous training music -( including the trad music complete w/gongs and drums)- going on for Kali or Hung-or T'ai Chi when out of the area of solo hand form or ph,and plinky feel good stuff folks use/write for TC practice. [Insert vomiting emoticon here]

For the solo form and ph practice I'd rather let students deal with normal intrusive sounds-part of awareness and focus training.Recognize 'em,don't get distracted by 'em.

Does it matter in the long run? Probably not,and I doubt we''l ever have a 5 year controlled study involving a couple hundred folks to find out.

But most learning TC ain't gonna be headhunters anyway.So who cares?