UFC 205

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Elbow, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Elbow

Elbow Valued Member

This is probably the best card in the history of combat sports, so many belt holders, previous holders, and top ranked contenders fighting.

Any thoughts on the outcomes?

2. TwirlinMerlin

TwirlinMerlin Valued Member

I'd like to see Weidman back to his old self so we can watch him ground and pound Yoel Romero. Really can't stand Romero after the stuff he pulled in the Kennedy fight. The gay Jesus speech was pretty bad too. Plus there's the roids.
    I think Kennedy will KO Rashad.
    Joanna by decision. Should be an exciting fight though. Love watching her in action.

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Absolutely stacked. Well worth staying up for!

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

He didn't say "gay Jesus" , he has a heavy accent and meant to say "Don't forget Jesus".

Weidman should take it, simply being a better athlete. Strange to say since Romero is a high level Wrestler with big hard hitting hands but lungs the size of a peanut.

A biased fan of Cerrone, I'll always pick him to win :D He is an absolute beast at 170. The problem will be, that Gastelum will have his best shot on the inside and swinging, which Cerrone will happily also engage.

I may actually root for Karolina Kowalkiewicz to beat Joanna.

As good as Michael Johnson is, he's gonna get suplex'd by Khabib. (How Khabib is not fighting Cerrone is beyond me, since they have been itching to fight each other for months)

I personally don't like the Connor / Alvarez fight. I think Connor should be defending his belt, but since we're here...I actually think it'll be a close fight. Will reserve judgement on this one.

5. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Alvarez seems to get hit a lot but also seems to be one of the best people in MMA at recovering and fighting back.
    No doubt Conor will tag him. Conor's left hand is dynamite. But will that be enough to keep Alvarez and bay and off him? I'm not sure.

Although...if this card stays intact until fight night I'll be amazed. :(

6. Pretty In Pink

Conor wins this if it stays standing I reckon. If Alverez plays it smart and grinds out a wrestling victory then fair enough.

Love Ceronne, will always root for him. He had the best highlight last fight card by far.

Don't care about Khabib talking so much. He needs to fight more often and get injured less.

7. Mushroom

Khabib's training style plus training at injury prone AKA, doesn't help him much.

8. Pretty In Pink

I mean, he's obviously an incredibly talented fighter. Apparently he smashes Rockhold and Cormier on the regular.

9. Mushroom

That's the rumour, but the only vid is Khabib leg tripping Cormier in a 40 second training segment. But yeh I like, the Eagle...but his knees must be worst than mine!

Looking over the general card, the Pre-lims could be a PPV in itself. I don't know if I'm happy or sad that it's taken this long to get to MSG. Which weirdly enough, I been to NYC twice, yet to go in there. (may be returning in Aug 2017)

10. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

I predict the out come will be 70% of the card falling apart due too injurys and failed drug tests by fight night

11. Mushroom

Yoel Romero.....nuff said

12. EdiSco

EdiSco Likes his anonymity

I hope Conor does this walk again:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbdZrcl_Jso"]FUNNY!! Conor Mcgregor octagon walk - YouTube[/ame]

13. PsychoElectric

PsychoElectric Valued Member

Not sure about Conor vs Alverez. Will make up mind at weigh ins or the walk in.
    Wonderboy.
    Johanna.
    Weidman.
    Cowboy always.
    Tate.
    Edgar.
    Khabib.
    Evans.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  14. Elbow

Elbow Valued Member

The more I watch McGregor and Alvarez' previous fights, the more I'm swaying towards McGregor by KO/TKO in the first two rounds. I know he's full of it, but he's a massively talented striker.

15. TwirlinMerlin

UFC 205 is on us in an hour! I'm thinking Tate, Thompson, Weidman, Johnson, and Joanna get wins. Who's watching? Any new predictions/thoughts?

16. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Cowboy isn't fighting. Fight got cancelled because Mini Cain couldn't make weight. Missed it so bad they wouldn't allow the fight. He was 10 pounds over.

17. TwirlinMerlin

Yeah definitely a bummer cowboy wasn't fighting. I was disappointed Evans and Kennedy was canceled as well :-( Still I enjoyed the fights very much.
    Sad to see Tate go but happy for her on the same hand. She doesn't need to keep fighting at this point in her career. Go retire and enjoy life. In my opinion the best fights were Jedrzejczyk vs Kowalkiewicz (wow what a fight) and Woodley vs Thompson. Thompson is phenomenal. Woodley is a great fighter too but man, tell me he's not on the juice. Same with Romero. Sad day for Weidman. He was doing ok but got clipped bad with that crazy awkward flying knee. Hope he's ok.

18. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Jedrzejczyk vs Kowalkiewicz definitley best fight of the card. not surprised by method or outcome of main event. Actually really dislike McGregor at this point though. Amazing display by both Woodly and Wonderboy too.

19. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Surprised how mad I actually am that Mcgregor one. I'm so sick of his antics and the circus he's helped turn the ufc into and now he's "made history" by holding up an entire division chasing pointless fights and getting a title shot at a division he's never fought at. And now its going to be another year of listening to his crap.

edit: his victory speech being case in point. I mean people are eating it up so I guess good for him but its aggravating. I remember the ufc fighting to get into new york years ago when I first started watching and they finally have and on it the main event guy swaggers in late to the press conference, uses his normal prewritten lines, then tried to throw a chair.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  20. Pretty In Pink

The speech was cut out from my feed. What was with that?