Wrestling nearby? Can't find anything

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by elbroth, Sep 25, 2015.

1. elbroth

elbroth New Member

Hello, I just moved to Sunderland two weeks ago from another country. I want to give something a try and I always wanted to try BJJ or olympic wrestling. When I'm looking for wrestling I only get results for the WWE type, which I am not interested at all.
    Do you know about any clubs in Sunderland or in near? Thanks.

2. Prizewriter

Prizewriter Moved on

Would defo look at Grapple Fit if I was in Sunderland mate. They do all sorts of grappling there and they have trained UFC fighters:

http://www.grapplefit.com

3. elbroth

elbroth New Member

I contacted them, only sambo and combat sambo is in there.

4. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

There's one in Middlesborough if you check britishwrestling.org. Bit far though unless you have a car.

Make sure when you google you search for things like: freestyle wrestling, Olympic wrestling etc etc. "wrestling" usually gives you the pro stuff....or as i found at a tender age, sites for men wanting to wrestle other men, preferable whole wearing rubber pants or nothing at all.

5. elbroth

elbroth New Member

yeah that's way too far. i was looking under the "freestyle wrestling" and "olympic wrestling", but I got only one club in Newcastle which seems to be no longer working..

6. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

http://thedungeonbjj.com/classes/brazilian-jiu-jitsu/

these guys definitely do BJJ, and i'm pretty sure they used to be have wrestling classes, but its not on the timetable now....

7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

sambo is as like wrestling as you can be, just in a gi....

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I would say go anyway and have a look. Sambo is essentially MMA in a gi. Plenty of their work is on various social media to look at.

I'll ask around as my mate/ex-coach is a British Wrestling Ref. Although now-a-days, I would have a look at MMA classes and see what their timetable is like.