My old instructor

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by hewho, Feb 26, 2017.

1. hewho

hewho Valued Member

just a video of my old instructor demoing some kung fu. I always liked training with him in Sanda because of how he could link the practical applications back to the original movements. As far as traditional kung fu goes, I know next to nothing, but thought this might be of interest :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=277&v=gtgNLAgqtZY

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Some nice variations of stock techniques many of us will recognise.

3. Agoge

Agoge Valued Member

It's a good thing when a former student continues to praise his former instructor concerning his ability to teach and relate the old with the new.

Good post and thanks for the video!

4. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Yeah, it doesn't look too different to some of the JJJ I've done (which is unsurprising, me and Dan have trained under the same instructor), its just interesting to see different ways of doing it. He's got some other videos, I'll grab a weapons one now. On a side note, I'll be uploading footage of my Sanda fights from the nationals once I've got the SD card.

5. hewho

hewho Valued Member

6. Rafaelskelp

Rafaelskelp New Member

When you are in basic training, your drill instructor is actually the best friend you have on that base.
    But hes going to do whatever he can to keep you from figuring that out. Any of you who have been through it know what I mean.

7. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Thanks for sharing.

Interesting to see a Kung Fu stylist's application of techniques like Shihonagi (4 corner throw) that I would normally associate with Jujitsu/Aiki.