Won another submission only tourney this weekend...

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by Korpy, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Awesome weekend for me this past weekend! I competed at a local submission only tournament with EBI rules in Chicagoland. While others spent their Sunday watching football, I spent my time competing a weight class up, in no gi and gi. In was especially special, because it was my first time competing in the gi in seven years. I took first in no gi as well!

I had some personal favorite moments in my matches. In my first match I was able to get my first ever submission from dead orchard in competition. I've been training that position quite a bit in the gym so it was great to hit in in a real setting. In no gi I also won a match by a nasty kneebar and won the the championship match with an rnc from straight jacket. Four matches, four finishes, none went to overtime!

Then it was time for the gi division. I finished my first opponent with my favorite technique off of the back, a bow and arrow choke. Then my next two matches, I finished with wrist locks from the triangle choke position to win the championship in gi. Once again, all finishes in regulation.

I will post videos later tonight!

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Good stuff Korpy!!

3. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thank you much, Hannibal!

4. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

5. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Superb Korpy, well done!

mitch

7. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Nice! Keep it up!

8. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thank you guys! I really felt on fire yesterday.

9. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

:happy: I was thinking just last week of going back to BJJ at the end of 2017 (I'm enjoying boxing right now) -- and you're feeding that thought!

10. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

nice job korpy.

11. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Awesome. Good work, Korpy.

12. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Congrats!

13. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Sweet! Well done man! I can't wait to see that kneebar when I get next to a laptop :D

14. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Nice!

15. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Nice! do you train out of a tenth planet gym, or just a fan?

16. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

I don't train out of a 10th Planet gym. I'm actually a Jay Pages affiliate coach. But we are very open to what we train. I do play with rubber guard, the truck, twister side control and dead orchard.