Parallettes

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Dead_pool, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Ive just found some on ebay, are they worth using?

2. Jeffkins

Jeffkins Sleuth Diplomacy

You've got to tell us what you're goals are for us to tell you whether they're worth it or not.

A lot of things that you can do on parallettes you can do on the floor, and often this is going to have the same or greater benefits of doing it on paralletes. Sometimes they give you a different option for exercises that can stress the body differently or make a movement easier.

There are some things they'd you'd only be able to do on paralletes, so if you're interested in specific moves, then they may be a great option for you.

3. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

4. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I like mine for doing frogtands and L-sits on, because they take some of the pressure off the wrists.

5. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Can't you just use those cheap push up stands? Does it make a difference? I know they're shorter but...?

Like so:

[​IMG]

6. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Think about trying to do an L-Sit on something that low, lol. You might as well just push up on your hands, so you better have great form and control from the start!

I've never heard of parallettes before. They look like the middle man for exercises you can't do with the normal push up bars and a full set of dip bars is just too much. That PVC bit Seiken posted looks a bit shifty to me, needs to be metal or 2" PVC for load bearing (for me anyways).

@Fusen, it'll be worth it in my opinion if you use them like Frodo does.

7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I already use these, really good for pushups.

8. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I got them as a bit of a try out / bridge to using parallettes. They are also useful for gathering dust in a corner of a room.

As for the crossfit ones. They don't look too sturdy, but PVC is often suggested.