Can women defend themselves against men?

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by FF1994, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

This doesn't sound real. Did this really happen? And was the guy totally incapacitated after she finished him off or was he still able to get up?

2. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Do you really believe the story about the woman who beat the guy up at the airport? It sounds fake to me. The one by Constant Flux.

3. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Welcome to MAP.

Why are you so concerned about this post? You have posted twice on here, both times saying the same thing basically. You do realize that poster hasn't been on since 2013? And that you are calling out a post from 5 years ago?

I hope you decide to have some more constructive contributions here on MAP. Like an introduction? Or a posting regarding something you do yourself? Or a response to someone who is actually still active here?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  4. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

I just thought that story sounded like some feminist rhetoric and completely made up. I just wanted some clarification if it really was real (which I doubt it was). I didn't even know the poster hadn't been on here since 2013. Just thought I'd ask them about it.

5. aaradia

When you respond to a post, it might help if you look at the date of the post, which is right at the top of every post. If it is more than a few years old, it might be a good idea to look at the last time they were on.

If you click on a user name then you can select user profile. At the top of the user profile screen, it will show you the date of their last activity.

As far as "feminist rhetoric" I am curious. Would you have assumed it wasn't true if a male had posted the same story or if all involved were male? If you didn't believe a story like that from a guy, what would the agenda be then? And if you would believe the same story from a male, why would you believe him and not her?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  6. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Because in real life, a woman cannot beat up a man like that. Which tells me that user was likely either making it up to either convince us women are tougher than they are or they're one of those male trolls with a female domination fetish. I see them post all over the internet on martial arts and self defense-related forums. But yeah, it's not realistic that a woman could disable a male attacker like that. Do you know any women who have? I didn't think so.

7. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Yeah. Damn weak, feeble women thinking they can match up to a man! How dare they. /me spits [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfRgoy1bC7k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfRgoy1bC7k[/ame]

8. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Lol come on now. One example? And from some 3rd world country with some anorexic guy who can't even walk straight? I was referring to women in places like America against attackers who don't look like they just got out of a concentration camp. It's simply not realistic to believe a woman can disable a male attacker.

9. aaradia

As I suspected, the root of your issue is sexim. :rolleyes: To assume a woman can't win in a physical altercation is sexist. And incorrect.

Do I know a woman who succeeded in a self defense situation against some younger guy trying to reach over her and (she realized later) take her phone? Yes. A small woman in her 70's at that. Guy reached over her and she just reacted with her TCC training and threw him on the ground and kicked him. He ran off.

So, before you answer your posed question for me- how about letting me actually answer first?

I have posted this before, but it seems I need to do it again here. This is my fellow student telling about what happened.
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mimmBo8PEek"]White Dragon Martial Arts - Tai Chi for Self-Defense - YouTube[/ame]

Do I know people who get in fights in general? No - neither men nor women. A couple of guys I know have said they got in fights when they were younger, more so than the women I know. But those guys don't really so do any longer. I don't hang out with people like that.

Do I know women at my school who are capable of beating up a guy (and do so in sparring)? Absolutely yes.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  10. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

It's sexist to understand women are much smaller, weaker, and incapable of beating up men? No, that's called biology.

As for your story, I said "disable." All that old lady did was throw him and he ran off. He could've easily hurt her after that if he wanted to but simply decided against it. You'd be nuts to think a 70 year old woman could beat up a young man.

And I doubt you know women at your school who could beat up men. Like I said, you don't have any real world examples.

11. aaradia

You missed the part where she kicked him too. could he have stayed and fought better? Who knows, because the fact is he got thrown, kicked and ran off..... Besides, all women are not smaller and weaker than all men.

I do have real world examples of women at my school that I go to sparring class with regularly. And if you search around here, others- including instructors- have discussed women they know with similar capabilities as well.

Your sexism doesn't wash with me. I know better. But I am sure your sexism will just not allow you to hear evidence to the contrary. No matter how much is presented here. You will just find excuses to not consider the facts presented.

12. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Hahaha oh I'm sorry, so she kicked him. And? He still ran off, unharmed. Again, he could've easily hurt her. She's 70 years old. Give me a break.

Sparring is not the same as a real world example. The men can't really hurt them like they would in real life because it's not allowed. You and I both know that. I'm talking about cases where women have disabled or really hurt men in the real world.

It's actually the complete opposite. I'm not sexist, but your arrogance and feminist brainwashing won't allow YOU to see the truth. You're so convinced of this "girl power" rhetoric, you don't realize the idea of a woman beating up a man is absurd. Women are on average 50 to 60% weaker in their upper body than men and 33% weaker in their lower body. They're also scientifically proven to be slower and have a lower pain tolerance than men. Women in the military are injured at twice the rate of men. And before you call that sexism again, which I know you're dying to do, I can prove all of that with actual studies if you don't believe me. But again, feel free to provide me with an example of a woman who defeated a man IN REAL LIFE.

13. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Like my assistant instructor you mean who half Nelson's and fed some bloke in the face when they tried to grab her?

Or my wife who dropped a 210lb traveller when she arrested him back in the day?

Or any other number of examples from my professional colleagues in LE?

Or the fact that differences in the broad sense breakdown instantly on the individual

You are off to a flying start here......

Yes biologically women have a difference in strength, but given that smaller men regularly paste much larger individuals your argument is utter bollocks

14. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Did your assistant instructor even disable that guy? And how exactly did your wife drop a 210 lb man? And what other examples? I'd like to hear them.

As for men who defeat larger men, they're usually on the same strength level or close to it anyway. There is much more of a difference between men and women's biology. Women even have a lower bone density, making their bones easier to break than a man's. You're not taking much into consideration, except for size really. Nice try though.

As a matter of fact, I don't even need to argue. There is not one example of a woman fending off a male attacker caught on security camera footage that's been confirmed real. That's all the evidence I need. If it really happened, it would've been caught on camera by now lol.

15. Hannibal

1. Yes
    2. She cut inside, grabbed his throat and barreled him into a wall then put him down and pinned him
    3. No they aren't and you are now grasping at straws

All things being equal the bigger stronger one usually wins.... buts that's the point..things AREN'T equal, and a trained women is more than capable of taking on an untrained man and prevailing

Your "don't need to argue" evasion is duly noted but not surprising

16. Hannibal

1. Yes
    2. She cut inside, grabbed his throat and barreled him into a wall then put him down and pinned him
    3. No they aren't and you are now grasping at straws

All things being equal the bigger stronger one usually wins.... buts that's the point..things AREN'T equal, and a trained women is more than capable of taking on an untrained man and prevailing

Your "don't need to argue" evasion is duly noted but not surprising

17. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

1. Ok, how? She knocked him out? What? Disabled implies he could no longer fight back or was incapacitated.
    2. And I'm sure he didn't fight back because she's a cop and he didn't want to get into bigger trouble than he already was.
    3. Again, if women really beat up male attackers in real life, there would be footage of it caught on camera. There isn't any. Therefore, your argument doesn't really hold up.

18. Hannibal

1. Yup
    2. You have no idea about travellers do you son?
    3. There was footage posted in this thread

Show me footage of you beating an attacker....hell I have over 1,000 violent encounters....show me that

Oh you can't because unlike Worldstar most CCTV isn't public domain

19. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

1. So you know a woman who punched a guy in the face and knocked him out? I doubt that.
    2. So she pinned some weak gypsy bum down. Probably had help from male officers too.
    3. There are PLENTY of CCTV examples on the internet. Do you know what usually happens? Either the woman kicks a few times on the ground like a toddler and the attacker decides it's not worth it like in this case: http://pix11.com/2016/06/27/disturb...hind-lift-her-skirt-in-brooklyn-rape-attempt/

Or the woman just gets the beaten up. But again, feel free to show me some of these women who have beaten up male attackers. Or maybe wake up from fairyland and start living in the real world. Up to you.

As for those examples posted, one was a 70 year old woman with no footage. You don't think a young man could destroy a 70 year old woman? Lol come on now. The other was some African woman throwing a drunk bum who couldn't even stand straight. You've got to be kidding me.

Also if skill can make up for a lack of strength, how come we have videos like this one: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCLkUNG6jkE"]old man knocks out 5 in Russia in fist fight - YouTube[/ame] of a man disabling 5 attackers but not even a single one of a woman doing the same thing (unless confirmed fake)? Use your brain and tell me.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2016
  20. Hannibal

1. The opinion of a no-mark does not change the facts
    2. See point 1
    3. "Plenty" does not equate to even 0.01% of all CCTV footage - get a clue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.