Instagram

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Simon, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I'm sure some of you have noticed we now have a Martial Arts Planet Instagram account.

Already with only 18 pictures added you can see the community feel and range of arts covered here.

We don't make use of the photo section here, so let's push the Instagram page.

If you have a picture you'd like to add, then just post it here and I'll do the rest.

You'll be credited in the picture and as long as it's martial arts related it can probably go in.

All of these new accounts link back to MAP, hopefully encouraging new members, so please post your pictures, new or old.

Add a description if you can as to where and when the picture was taken.

Thank you in advance.

Simon.

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I'm @alwaystheunderdog

3. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

The account's looking good Simon. Maybe the MAP logo for a profile picture?

Chadderz - Post nudes please!

4. Simon

Logo now added.

I've been trawling MAP all morning and have more pictures to load.

5. Bozza Bostik

Look forward to seeing them!

Must MAP members themselves be in the photos? Or are photos from our clubs enough? I am thinking of taking photos at one of the local rodas, but not sure if I'll play myself.

How about if we have pictures of other types of training related to MA? I don't mean an arty shot of a KB, but say someone is actually lifting the bell/squatting or whatever?

6. Simon

I think club photos are okay. I haven't yet discussed random photographs with the other MODs, but I'd personally rather build a portfolio of our own members.

If it's our members lifting, rowing, shooting, climbing etc, then I'm all for it.

7. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Hope you'll upload that other photo I provided on the Facebook page soon! :)

8. Simon

For some reason I couldn't copy and paste it to my PC.

Any chance you could either post it here, or e-mail it to me?

Edit. Ignore that. I've just copied it.

9. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

So what's going on lately? Noticing MAP is branching out across a lot of social media outlets. I think it's awesome personally! Wondering what the MAP team's intentions are, and if they're building up for something bigger in the works?

10. Simon

We're working hard behind the scenes, and all to bring more traffic here.

It's all about community and the other social media outlets certainly help our cause.

It's surprising who follows you back on Twitter.

We're followed by some of the top MMA fighters across the world.

We're followed by the likes of David Haye, so he gets to see my attempts at boxing when I post in the technique thread. :(

We follow people like Jade Jones and many Olympic, Paralympic and commonwealth games champions and many follow us back.

I initially thought Instagram was just a place to store photographs, but now see it's a network all of its own.

Even after a few weeks the alert on my phone beeps constantly with the likes, follows and re-tweets.

It would be nice to see a few more videos in the Technique Thread, because I can then connect them to our You Tube channel.

I really should say a thank you to Lilly sunshine for help setting up Instagram and Unreal Combat for getting us going with images.

11. Ero-Sennin

I'm trembling with excitement at the prospect of new people to share my Crisco with!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

12. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Welcome to use whatever images you like Simon, as discussed previously. :D

13. Bozza Bostik

Thanks Simon! I've had a lot of help from MAPers and made good friends here, I can't help much on the MA / fitness discussions as I'd still consider myself a beginner, so just giving back a little in the way I can.

I do hope Ero has an IG account with every post related to the joy a person can have with baking products.

14. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Feel free to use any of my images. Altho I got 100s already in my own IG account.
    I've tagged MAP in a couple already.

15. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Oh and my IG account is pictures of food...so nothing to see there.

16. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

That's what IG is for :D

17. Ero-Sennin

Somehow I feel like I would violate TOS in some way by doing this.

18. Bozza Bostik

Hah!

I believe IG is quite strict, I actually like that about it.

I follow a guy who only posts pictures of urinals in various conditions, then writes dumb comments about them. I find it hilarious!!

19. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

Hu... I'm not sure what to say about that... that's very odd.

20. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Someone should bung this picture of brooding masculinity on there.

[​IMG]