Things that make you go :-)) take two!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Sam, Sep 3, 2008.

1. ned

ned Valued Member

My daughter got her required grades to get into Oxford brookes Univ. to do her art foundation course.
    Feeling very proud and pleased for her :)

... and old :( !

2. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Very cool! :D My oldest is looking at colleges now, too.

3. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Just booked a 2 week tour of Turkey for mid-September - Troy and Ephesus here I come! :D

4. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Reading Amazon reviews for absolutely surreal items - $40,000 fountain pens, tins of "uranium", stuff like that. It's become a bit of a hobby.

So much fun though :D

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Two Turkish lads I assume. :evil:

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I'm really hoping... :evil: :Angel: ;) :D

7. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Had my first session bouldering at a local centre last week - veeeery fun and one hell of a workout for the upper body. Didn't ache afterwards though my hands were a bit sore but the next couple of days my forearms were burning in a gooooooooood way. Want more! :D

8. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Climbing and bouldering are ace!

Go easy though. It's quite easy to damage ligaments, tendons and all those things in the hands.

:whistle:

9. Bozza Bostik

I'm posting this here instead of the "Dog Attack" thread as the thread is already a bit off topic and a bit of a mess.

So we got our new puppy, Roo / Rowena Ravenclaw (official name), the other night! She's settled in really well and doing great. Roo and Boris, our other dog, are getting along just fine, despite Boris having his ears, cheeks and.....testicles practically chewed off! He's such a nice guy that he is a bit soft with telling her off. Bull terriers, savage they are, like it says in the tabloids.

Roo is really sociable and loves to be around everyone and get stuck into things. Obviously she picks things up from Boris, so she is learning what's what pretty quickly. She has also picked up her name already and comes when called.

Also....The bitch that Boris jumped (Really! That's what they call it.) had 8 puppies today! It's the biggest mini bull terrier litter in Finland ever. There's 4 girls and 4 boys. Two white girls, two brindle and white girls, one red and white boy, one black brindle and white boy and two brindle and white boys.

There was some problems at the end of the delivery, so Hertta got a shot of oxytocin which helped her deliver the rest of the puppies.

All the puppies seem ok! Hopefully there'll be no problems...and now someone can stop stressing and shouting at me! :rolleyes:

Roo - Batdog!

Attached Files:

10. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

Nice looking pup, are Mini Bull Terriers common in Finland? What colour was the bitch you mated Boris to and do you intend to get a girl to start your own breeding program?

11. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Tonight it is going to pour down. I have a bad back. But here I am posting on MAP via my phone from a tent in my own back garden, lying skewith on an uncomfortable mat.

why? Because my daughter is 7 and wants to camp out with her daddy. That's the best reason there could be :D

Mitch

12. Bozza Bostik

Thanks Boards. She's cute as hell.

Nope, MBTs are quite rare. I can't remember how many there are at the moment, but not many. According to the Finnish Kennel club's site, there has been 292 in total and 30-50 registered into Finland each year. But BTs and MBTs are becoming more popular at the moment and there's a lot of interest in the breeds.

Roo is a girl, so we could mate Boris with her. My girlfriend isn't into doing it though. Bullies are unintentionally terrible mothers apparently, so it's a lot of work and stress. Quite odd as she's really into that side of dog ownership. I'm more into the wrestling, frisbee chucking and belly rubs, but I think it would be fun to do it a couple of times.

Hertta the mother of the litter is black brindle and white.

13. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

derping around with my brother's derpy cat :3

2014-08-30 13.45.27.jpg

14. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Distinct lack of jet lag after nearly 3 days travelling makes me happy. Also, first full
    day of stunt-specific training. Tally ho!

15. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Sweet little behind the scenes look at the stunts of the greatest TV show in the history of greatest TV shows: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqmmieQ39DA"]Original Power Rangers Stunt Documentary from MMPR action director Jeff Pruitt - YouTube[/ame]

16. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

My second session at the climbing centre today, first wearing the shoes I bought and managed to suss a couple of problems that defeated me last time. They're still fairly basic but one was my first overhang and one was set around and over a doorway. Started getting my head around not using shear height to do some of the problems too.

Hands are wrecked again but want more, especially now I know it's only a fiver on Wednesdays :D

17. Fish Of Doom

blast from the past to celebrate my having started jiu-jitsu lessons. this is from one of the four submission wrestling classes i took in oslo, norway, when jeff miller was teaching at frontlline academy (pretty cool guy, awesome teacher). shame that bureaucracy and anxiety borked my plans to continue doing it.

[​IMG]

18. Fish Of Doom

on my way to what i'm pretty sure is argentina's first ever highland games. there is a distinct possibility that you'll see me in a kilt soon :p

19. Fish Of Doom

no kilt pics, but highland games are pretty damn fun :D

did a log toss (didn't have any actual cabers to use), but got disqualified because it veered off to the side (tricky technique is tricky), and a stone throw, which was half-decent (not a very strong throw though, only 7-odd meters; my box's head coach won that one with an 11.5m throw :p)

i think there's video of my attempts, will try to get hold of it later :D

20. Fish Of Doom

then we spent a while playing around with the log, doing presses amd overhead squats until they told us to quit it when the head coach tried to flip his grip in midair and it rolled off his hands and onto his face :D