Gut flora and health

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by AndrewTheAndroid, Dec 3, 2016.

1. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Because I am trying to not only lose weight but also help treat my depression. There have been studies on mice that have shown links between gut health and and both of those things. One of the treatments recommended for a bad gut is to cut out complex carbohydrates, and sugar. I decided to go low instead of no because I think low is more sustainable than no. The only sugar and bread I have in the day is in the morning. It's one English Muffin with Nutella. And that is all I have as far as sugar and bread on typical days.

I am taking a more holistic approach to my health and so far it seems to be working. I feel great physically and mentally.:D

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

As long as your aware of what your doing, and are aware of the dangers and factual background, (I.e. mice are definitely not a human analogue). Then its not likely to physically harm you. However due to the rise in eating disorders I imagine not many places would suggest it untill theirs significantly more evidence.

3. AndrewTheAndroid

No worries man. The most important thing to me is balance and sustainability.

4. AndrewTheAndroid

Down another 6 lbs since I made this thread. I've even started counting calories to see if I lose weight even faster. I feel great and have more energy than I did before I started this thread. I started running again and finally benched 200 lbs!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016