Defence Lab

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by slasha, Jun 26, 2016.

1. slasha

slasha Banned Banned

DNA fight science defence lab, has anyone tried this style of training?
    anyone got any opinions on it?

2. huoxingyang

huoxingyang Valued Member

Did it once, thought it was terrible. It's basically that Keysi Fighting Method thing and it is over-reliant on that covering-your-head-with-your-arms thing they do, because in their world people will only attack your head. They try to impress you by stringing together impressive combos whereby in response to an attack you duck and weave around their arm hitting them multiple times as you go, then you realise it's all dependent on an insane amount of arm-hanging (attacker punches, then stands like a moron with their arm out for the next 15 seconds eating up all your hits). Or at least that's how it was presented that one time I did it.

Also, I didn't get on with it much because I have hair - the whole thing relies on moving your hands around your head. I noticed all the serious Defence Lab guys who were there had really short hair.

3. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Style over substance. Approach with exreme caution.

4. slasha

slasha Banned Banned

Nothing positive? Have you tried it Knee Rider?

5. Knee Rider

I've seen a reasonable amount of it when it first came around and I've experienced keysi in the flesh (from which it splintered).

I think it's pandering to peoples fantasies and misconceptions and I doubt the utility of its primary strategies.

If you've seen something you think looks good then post it up?

6. slasha

slasha Banned Banned

am going to have a look at a class this week, was just curious what people though on here

7. Knee Rider

Let us know how it goes and what you reckon to it.

8. slasha

slasha Banned Banned

Didn't bother going in the end.

9. Arcaderat5

Arcaderat5 Member

Silat/Kali/JKD

Sorry for posting a reply this late but I was too looking into DNA and im glad I came across this post lolol anyhow I was wondering if anyone knows of an instructor doing Kali/Silat/JKD or something of the sort near Birmingham, UK?

Most of the schools I know are all about making money and spending most of the time on useless things. Can anyone help?

10. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Have you thought about Warriors Eskrima? I think they have clubs around Brum. I haven't trained there myself, bur Krishna Godhania is very well respected in the kali world.

Where abouts are you exactly?

Is Stoke too far? There's always Impact Martial Arts (I think it's changed its name though).

11. Arcaderat5

Arcaderat5 Member

Krishna is a legend tbh and Ive heard hes one of the best but as a student it breaks my bank lolol

12. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

If you are serious about training you will find a way - if not you will find an excuse ;)

13. Arcaderat5

Arcaderat5 Member

Youre right. Gona hit Krishna up one of these days. Thanks mate.

14. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I've trained with Krishna and he'd be one of my go to guys if I was in the area.

15. Whit

Whit Valued Member

Try both.

16. taoizt

taoizt Valued Member

I didn't get to this thread up till now. There is a low profile Silat instructor in Rugby, but he isn't mixing it up with kali or JKD. If you are still interested i can give you his name and email through PM

17. Arcaderat5

Arcaderat5 Member

Yes please :)

Thank you

18. taoizt

taoizt Valued Member

You've got a PM :)

19. vaysh

vaysh Banned Banned

Reference Impact in Stoke, unfortunately Dave Carnell passed away.