Bad Ninjutsu Videos and Critiques w/o Off Topic Videos

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Fu_Bag, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garth

garth Valued Member

Reading Wayne Roys letter I hope his Taijutsu is better than his English Language skills.

2. gtlaau

gtlaau Valued Member

Well if you go by those two videos I posted..... then sadly no its not....

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  3. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

He can frankly go do one, I'm only a first degree blackbelt after six years of my life, and I don't whine about it.

4. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ000NPSU-M"]Ninjutsu Bolivia - Bujinkan Zetchoo Dojo - Defensa Personal Femenina - YouTube[/ame]

Besides the crappy technique(groin open, muscling, slow response with rear strike after the distraction, etc), not quite sure how he envisioned this was a good idea to teach for women's self defense?:dunno: Having them square off against a guy and his choice of technique makes one question if he thinks life is a movie.

5. ninjaboy

ninjaboy Valued Member

I do love how he says that . I was in his schools in the 80`s and I was in those videos . We never , ever got certificates from japan , or even membership cards ! Everything we received was a forgery , made in australia , by wayne roy . So he broke the number one cardinal rule " thou shalt not make your own certificates " How he can say what he did is such a laugh , it`s hysterical . It was so good to see Nagato sensei slap him around at the adelaide tai kai in 92 . But the pussy then stopped any of his students from attending the sydney tai kai in 93 and because of that , Hatsumi sensei never returned to australia again . By the time I left his org in 89 , I couldn`t recognise it from when I started in 83 , it was so different . Because he only trained a short time in japan and did not return his training started to show it . He was teaching NLP and all other manner of other arts , which I knew were not from the bujinkan . Thats what you get when you try to open a ninjer franchise , so we are better without him , ninjaboy

6. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Why would you?

Do I get the feeling you are not happy that it took you six years?

I don't feel that is long at all.

7. Please reality

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAyf6emmclo"]Ninjutsu Bremen - YouTube[/ame]

Not sure where this guy trained, but do know he's watched too many bad martial arts flicks. Nothing resembling good skills.

8. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Assuming he has trained....

The name Thorsten Ritz rings a bell though.

I am puzzled by the choice of name in romaji and kanji at the start of the clip.

9. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Just googled him, he's genbukan

10. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I could get shot down here, but I have seen far worse. I didn't think it was half bad. But then again I have no knowledge when it comes to throws. Can you point out what he is doing wrong?

11. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

Thorsten trained in Genbukan. I don't know to what level, and I am fairly certain that a lot of what he shows does not come from the Genbukan curriculum. Especially the sword twirling stuff.
    I don't know if he still trains in Genbukan, but from the intro in this video and some of the rumors I've heard about him a couple of years ago, I would think not.
    Seems he also trained with Ashida Kim so yeah. He's going for 'teh ninje'
    http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthread.php?35086-Genbukan-Black-Belt-in-15-months

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  12. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Well, speaking for the throws, he's not entering deeply enough or getting low enough. He's dragging uke up and towards him, when he should be basically getting up under him. He also doesn't appear to be unbalancing the uke at all prior to the throw. If the uke wasn't helping by jumping into the throw, even without any resistance, it'd be difficult to complete most of those throws. Not to mention the giant theatrical windup on the backwards throws. He's also either hunching his shoulders or looking over his cheekbones pretty much the whole time. Both are bad posture that make you easier to unbalance and more susceptible to being knocked out. Not much going on with regards to distance or angling either.

Most of that's coming from a sport martial arts approach though, I'm sure some of the locals will have other insights.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  13. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Kurtka that's spot on as usual.

14. Please reality

Excellent points. I'd add that the swinging the stick around like a sword and vice versa was also laughable. Looked like a badly choreographed 80s flick. Seems like he was so busy trying to be flashy, he forgot any substance he'd ever learned.

15. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Thanks for the insight :)

16. Please reality

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE8bHrhntC8"]Buyukai Bari 2015 Togakure Ryu - Goko Goshin - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry Buyu, that's not going to work. You aren't supposed to raise his arm up, you're supposed to go under. The kunai and rope part takes the cake though(1:25ish).

17. Please reality

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WWgUBov-vM"]Geido Kenpo Ninpo Ryu [First Single Jo Kata] - YouTube[/ame]

And another one. First of all, that isn't ninjutsu. The guy can't even bow correctly, let alone wield a staff properly. His taijutsu is nonexistent and it obviously was a made up form. I'd go on but nobody could seriously think this needs detailed critiquing.

18. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

The footwork! My eyes! They burn.

19. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

What is the wooden paddle that the 'instructor' was using called? It looked like a Patu, and he was using it poorly.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  20. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Damn, that is so bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.