Leaving the Bujinkan

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Kikaku, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

adouglasmhor said:-
    Erm, given that your profile lists your interests as "BDSM", I'm not so sure that this is the case..... :eek:

2. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

PLEASE, not this AGAIN. :rolleyes:

One more on the list of "Not actually arguing the point".

3. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

There wasn't actualy a point to this thread was there?

4. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

There, it moved!

No, he didn't, that was you beating it with a stick!

I never!!

Yes, you did!

I never, never did anything...

'ELLO Horsey!!!!! Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call!

Now that's what I call a dead Horse.

No, no.....No, 'e's stunned!

STUNNED?!?

Yeah! You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! Norwegian Horses stun easily, major.

Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That Horse is definitely deceased, and when I purchased it not 'alf an hour
    ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged gallop.

Well, he's...he's, ah...probably pining for the fields.

PININ' for the FIELDS?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did he fall flat on his back the moment I got 'im home?

The Norwegian Horse prefers keepin' on it's back! Remarkable animal, id'nit, squire? Lovely colour!

Look, I took the liberty of examining that Horse when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting on its trailer in the
    first place was that it had been NAILED there.

Well, o'course it was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed that Horse down, it would have nuzzled up to those bars, bent 'em apart with its neck, and
    VOOM! Feeweeweewee!

"VOOM"?!? Mate, this Horse wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it! 'E's bleedin' demised!

No no! 'E's pining! 'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This Horse is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e
    rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the trailer 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the
    bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-Horse!!

:)

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  5. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Funniest thing I've read all week! Nice one Gary.

Come on, this thread's done its work and should now be allowed to go out with some dignity.

Let's take it round the back of the barn and give it both barrels. :woo:

6. bencole

bencole Valued Member

I think there are far greater misconceptions about what "Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu" is.... As Dale and I have said ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS within this thread, Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu is not about putting on techniques. If you are practicing on someone who is in a position to resist, THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG. End of story. This holds true for the Bujinkan practitioners here who have stated that they use "alive methods." Let me repeat myself:

If you attempt to put a technique on someone and he is in a position to resist, you are doing it wrong. The technique will ALWAYS be "better" and "easier" if the uke CANNOT resist. Focus your time on that.

In order to "resist," you have to have something as a base. When you don't have that base, it doesn't work. Have you ever tried to put a wrist lock on someone under water? I have. It doesn't work, UNLESS you can post a base ON the uke.

Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu is like doing martial arts under water. Things just work differently if you are moving correctly.

As to the calls for videos, this has been touched on in other threads (most recently with Sonshu). If someone is doing Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu CORRECTLY, on video, the uke will look like a bumbling fool, who cannot punch, has the wrong timing and the wrong distance.

Why? Because the TORI is making the uke move like that. It's THE ESSENCE of our art to control the kukan (active space).

I'm sorry that Mr. Virus didn't "get it" even with six years of training. Best of luck to him.

For the rest of you, keep going!

-ben

7. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

Who would have guessed it would turn out this way :rolleyes:

All over a 3rd Dan leaving

Now i hope when i shuffle of this mortal coil and thus stop training a whole thread of some 100 pages is created...oh and a nice shurbbery, three tier effect.

8. xen

xen insanity by design

...and another discussion point becomes consigned to the MAP glue factory, the place where all dead horses, once flogged, are sent for recycling... :D

9. Shau

Shau kurai okami

I once walked into my kitchen and stubbed my toe. It hurt.

10. Virus909

Virus909 Valued Member

How do you know that this is true and that you aren't just kidding yourself if you don't regularly train with aliveness? What is your filter system and quality control system? How do you know that you aren't learning bunk, given that anything can work if the partner is compliant? How do you develop the skills to use "real" taijutsu where the opponent can't resist if you don't expose yourself to that situation?

Last edited: May 10, 2006
  11. xen

xen insanity by design

i think where Ben is coming from is this; (please tear this post to bits if i've missed the plot, Ben :) )

1. the art is responsive, meaning an action is performed as a result of a change external to oneself.

2. that said, it is common sense to await the change to manifest as opposed to try to second guess it

3. by responding appropriately, at the outset, to this change, its potential negative effects can be neutralised

4. training in the art is about teaching the body to respond appropriately as a matter of course

5. an appropriate response to an agressor will, from the outset, render the aggressor 'resistanceless' (for want of a better word)

6. so if the opponent is in a position to resist after you have responded, you need to get down the dojo and train some more, it doesn't happen overnight.

7. (xens personal take on this) given that i'm not at the level where i can count on my first response 100% of the time, i'm quite happy to fall back on fighting my way out a given situation, not an optimal solution, but one i'll take in the absence of alternatives; given that fact, i don't mind practicing fighting properly as a balanced part of my all-round training at all (besides, its fun :) )

Last edited: May 10, 2006
  12. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

So do you train to defend on complaint attacks which are not on correctly. It seems pointless defending against techniques like this as it is a false security....

You will never become out of your depth and have to work for your result which IS what happens in a real confrontation.

13. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

1) Most arts are responsive

2) If you are being chocked and you wait for a response then your out cold. I can guess what you mean but your statement does not ring true in all cases at all

3) Common sense and applicable in all martial arts again

4) Common sense and applicable in all martial arts again

5) The aim of all martial arts with self defence at its core but its easy saying it and the delivery is the issue

6) No as unless you perform something like a 1 punch ko on them or a hip throw with enough convition to make a mess of them otherwise most confrontations have a few attacks on each side before it is resolved. If someone pushes you and you lay them out its not really much of an issue but many of mine dont happen like that. I would say the person resisting is a more likely outcome.

7) er........... Not sure what original question was.

I just think the points mostly you raised are the same for all arts - its the DOING them which is harder.

14. xen

xen insanity by design

hello sonshu :)

you know, i thought we'd have seen you earlier on this thread. :D

you have read the preceding 800 odd posts haven't you? :eek:

(the original questions in there somewhere ;) )

15. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

The answer is in post 42 ;)

:D

16. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

The Answer to The Ultimate Question Of Life, the Universe and Everything

"Forty-two!" yelled Loonquawl. "Is that all you've got to show for seven and a half million years' work?" "I checked it very thoroughly," said the computer, "and that quite definitely is the answer. I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is." :)

17. xen

xen insanity by design

*runs off to read post 42*

my office number is 42 :eek:

(cue twighlight zone music)

unfortunately, there's no answers in there, and believe me, me n my mate have been looking for a few months now... :confused: :bang:

18. xen

xen insanity by design

LMAO :D

actually spooky, you're right, post 42 has it bang on the money...

the whole discussion can be reduced to this question...

hey spooky, that was kinda, spooky... :eek:

19. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

;) I checked it before I posted :D

20. xen

xen insanity by design

darn, ninja's, so tricky with their kooky double speak and sneaky ways, who'd have thought of checking something first? bet they're all left-handed as well :eek: