Starting Ninjutsu

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Fujiwara Kazuma, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Fujiwara Kazuma

Fujiwara Kazuma New Member

So i found a dojo here in the springs.
    the place is called the ninja university of the martial arts, i had inquired about it in a thread a lil while back and to my mistake it wasnt what i thought it was, i sat in on a class and had a very long talk with the instructor afterwards and found that they do teach traditional Ninjutsu.
    i have attended one class so far and have found it very interesting, i dont think i will be quitting any time soon.

2. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

Yes, it is very important to feel good about the insturcter, and the place where you are training. Hope you have a good training, and time.

3. whiteshadow711j

whiteshadow711j Hiding in the Shadows

Is the Ninjutsu school part of the Bujinkan, Genbukan or the Jinenkan though ?

Now that is the real question..

4. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

I think this is them

http://www.ninjauniversity.net/index.html

Is that tonfa he is using???? traditional ninja weapon???

So then fujiwara what was his explaination of the traditional ninjutsu he teaches as i can only see karate on there!! or is Derick on the instructor page doing a special inchimonji??? :D

5. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Yep, more frauds, i`d forget them if i were you, go and find an AUTHENTIC dojo not this B.S.

6. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

This was discussed on e-budo earlier on this year. Do a quick search in their engine and see what turns up.

7. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

We need our own baffling/bad budo on here just for things like these!!

8. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

Fujiwara Kazuma, I take it you're black because I don't think white boys are allowed in that dojo! Maybe Grandmaster Eugene teaches on the principle that once you fight a brother you can never fight another... :eek:

Seriously, that's not Ninjutsu....and if his school is so red hot, why the need to lie about the style??? Remind me Dale...what does "Chi Fu Ka" mean in Japanese again? I think I ate that at a restaurant I was in while in China two weeks ago...

Yeesh...bad budo...bad bad budo...

9. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Isn't Chi Fu Ku "Earth, Wind and Fire"? 70's disco anyone? Can I wear my flares now, and not get ridiculed as to my immaculate dress sense. :eek:

10. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

They do all seem to be one colour dont they!!

11. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

but they do say black is slimming!

12. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Back on topic, please. We're talking about dojos, not skin color.

13. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

this

i was on about this below not skin colour!!

Attached Files:

14. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Maybe so, but a few of the other comments weren't. I'm not singling any one person out. Just saying, keep it on topic, preferably the original poster's original question.

15. Fujiwara Kazuma

no....

im hispanic and white, and there are quite a few white kids in the school, matter of fact the majority is pretty much white.
    i have always been under the influence that REAL TRADITIONAL ninjutsu was the study of all martial arts, didnt the clan leaders used to send out students to train in other schools to bring back the knowledge of other martial arts back home?
    as long as i can remember i have always been under the impression that ninjutsu utilizes any and every technique possible for victory.

they teach the history, the tradition, the nine halls, and just about every weapon u can imagine, friday nights is espionage and stealth training, before i even considered studying there i had a very very long talk with the instructor there and he is a very humble, very honorable, very undeceitful man.

personaly i trust them.

16. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

No, not as far as I know.

Where did you get the idea that it's about "techniques"?

You seem to be under a serious apprehension about what makes a tradition a tradition; or as you more appropriately put it, you're "under the influence".

As an example of an authentic warrior tradition, take the example of the United States Marine Corps, which just celebrated its 230th birthday on November 10.

230 years of organizational experience and knowledge, transmitted in an unbroken line through the generations since 1775. Lke many ryu, the Corps did not have a Soke (in this case a Commandant) until it had already existed for a while (1798) -- but there has been an unbroken line of Commandants of the Marine Corps to the present one, the 33rd.

Unless you have been training in a school which has a direct lineage of personal transmission through generations back to a known and verifiable person/school in Japan, you have not been learning ninjutsu. You have, at best, been learning a little about ninjutsu, which is not at all the same thing. . .and, almost certainly, about things from ninjutsu traditions which have died.

Whatever makes you happy.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  17. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

1) Go and do some research on Ninjutsu and it's history.

2) How do you know that what they teach is correct?

3) What experience do you have to fall back on in your assessment of them?

4) If you have no experience then would not a prudent course of action be to find people who do have experience in the art within a recognised organisation/school/ryu/system i.e. Kouryuu, Dale etc...

5) If you have done (4) then would not the next logical step be to listen to said individuals that you have asked and take into consideration what they have said, based on their knowlegde of what a legitimate and recognised system is?

(6) Just becuase you have spoken to the instructor concerened doesn't mean that you are right in your assessment of him! Just becuase he seems like a nice guy doesn't mean he is!

People looking to make a buck off you aren't going to do anything to put you off are they?

You said you trust them well why? You seem like you're really keen to study the art, which is great, but just be careful that your eagerness doesn't get in the way of you making an informed judgement.

Listen to what's been said here then go to www.e-budo.com and do a search for this dojo and ask questions, from the sounds of it they've already come up over there and I would guess it's in the baffling budo section.

Then look at what you have gathered.So far you have the opinion of a number of people here who are saying that alarm bells are going offf when they look at this club.

Think of this:

"Those who await a white stallion often find horse shoes on an ant!!"

18. Fujiwara Kazuma

i completely understand what you guys are saying.
    i looked into it and it seems that what they teach is an american hybrid ninjutsu, its a bunch of martial arts compiled together with a ninjutsu base learning system i guess, so they do teach ninjutsu, its just mixed with a bunch of other styles and ma's.

the guy i will be training under is danny reid, he explained to me how thier system works.
    and i cant remember where but i had read in a book somewhere that the ninja would take from other martial arts to help improve and expand thier own personal martial art, im not sure but i think it was the book "Shaddow hand" by DR. Ha Ha Lung.

i would have gone to a bujinkan or genbukan dojo if there was one close by but the closest one is almost 200 miles away from me.
    also, i dont think they are out for the money, as of right now i study there for free because danny seen how eager i was to study but couldnt really afford it right now, so he told me to come down any time i had some free time.
    once i can afford it i will be purchasing a 3 month membership.
    the guy that i will be studing under isnt directly a part of the ninja university, he studies under grand master ugene floyd but has created his own system (sassori-ryu) by adding a few more styles of martial arts, personaly from seeing what i have seen and looking into the MA its self, i am convinced it is effective.

it may not be the original traditional japanese form but they mean well and make it known that it is an american hybrid system so there is no confusion.
    i weighed the pros and cons and looked at my alternatives and i think i would like to give this a shot and try it out, i have always believed myself that a fighter who limits himself to one syle of martial art is not an acomplished martial artist, me personaly i would love to learn all styles of martial arts, from karate to indonesian silat.
    and this system gleans from quite a few styles.

so no it may not be the #1 original system but i think it would suit me pretty well, and once i move out of colorado springs, hopefully it will be close to a bujinkan or genbukan dojo so i can study here.

as of right now i think this will be good enough for me.

19. oneninja

oneninja Valued Member

If its good enough for you then youve made the right the decision,Good luck in your training.

20. Fujiwara Kazuma

thank you.

im going to sparring tonight, dont know if i will participate tho.