best martial art?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Chinesericeboy, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Chinesericeboy

Chinesericeboy New Member

I was wondering wat do you think is the best martial arts overall?

2. cmantis3

cmantis3 New Member

I think it is up to the individual. If your in a style you dont groove with, it doesnt matter how good it is, you just wont get it.

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I think you'll find lots of opinions if you use the search function :D

It's not the bow & arrow - it's Robin Hood.

4. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

I agree with Yoda though dont let him hear that
    And i suppose if you studdied every street fight on record /random attack eg and found out what style the defender did you would get a street idea i however think that using the same study the martial art who's name never comes up is probably the best

5. Adam

Adam New Member

TESTA! TESTA IS THE BEST MARTIAL ART! :D

Seriously speaking, discussing what art is "best" is makes about as much sense as discussing what food tastes the best - everyone will have a different opinion on the matter and few people have actually trained in so many arts for a decent period of time that they can say what style is best, and then it would only be what style's best for them.

You can ask me what styles I think are GOOD though, as that is much easier to answer and won't start flamewars.

Just my opinion.

6. mani

mani Valued Member

There is no such thing as the "BEST MARTIAL ART"

All martial arts have thier positives and maybe negatives.
    As others have said it all goes down to what is suited to the individual.

7. Marku

Marku Banned Banned

It also depends on how good your teacher is!

8. Dark Blade

Dark Blade It Roundhouse time

I find there is no best martial art.
    It's up to the individual.

9. Mu4D'D1b

Mu4D'D1b New Member

Definitly Fang Shen Do Kung-Fu

10. YODA

Ah Shaddap!

11. Mu4D'D1b

Mu4D'D1b New Member

What' the problem? its my opinion and im pretty sure about it

12. YODA

Congratulations.

The problem is - as you'll see from the majoity of other responses - that there is NO "Best Art".

There may well be a best art for YOU personally - but that doesn't make it the best art.

I little annalogy if I may...

What is the best car? A Ferrari or a Land Rover? You see my point?

What is the best Novel? Lord of the Rings or Pride & Predudice?

13. YODA

[​IMG]

14. Mu4D'D1b

Mu4D'D1b New Member

I think Ferrari is the best car and Lord of the ring is quite good ;)

But seriously, i understand your point but a martial art can be better than an other.

I won't get caught by relativity saying that everyone is right.

A martial art is a 'System' and yes its possible that a system is more effective than an other.

You can prefer Land Rover but its possible to demonstrate that ferrari is a better car (for example, cause im not sure wich is the best between those one :) )

Last edited: Sep 2, 2003
  15. Cain

Cain New Member

A land rover has more space than a ferrari and it can pass through roads the ferrari can't ;)

|Cain|

16. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

A land rover will last longer in wales and its hills than a ferrari will
    :D

17. Mu4D'D1b

Mu4D'D1b New Member

hehe thanx for the precision :p

18. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

And a Land Rover is less likely to get stolen or keyed!

Anyway, what everyone's trying to say is, you may think your art/car/book or whatever, is the best thing going, but there's always going to be points that let it down. Striking arts for instance, are great when you're standing, but what happens when the fight goes to the floor. Not much use then. Same works in reverse for grappling arts. You may think you're art is better than all the others, but chances are it has holes that you just haven't seen yet. Better than you see them sooner rather than later.

19. kempocos

kempocos Valued Member

MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Mu4D'D1b

Mu4D'D1b New Member

Fang Shen Do

Fang Shen Do is a combination of all the most effectives techniques of all systems combinate in one style of Kung-fu...

You learn all combat range punching, kicking, knees, elbows, headbutts, trapping, grappling(on the ground), weapons...

So i've not seen a hole in the system since i evolve in this style...I'm a person very rational and this system make sense in any points.

The only thing is that this form of Kung- Fu is only in Canada for the moment, but it is in constant progress and i wouldn't be surprise to see it come in other countries soon.

Take Note that my english is not perfect but i think its quite 'understandable' :p