Is Bujinkan ninjutsu ineffective in hand to hand?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Senin, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

I just sent a facebook message to an associate of mine who does UM Bujinkan (the same one mentioned above), asking if he (or anyone else in his club) would like to spar. Hopefully he'll agree, and we can add some substance to this discussion.

2. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

Yet EVERYONE laughs at you if they read most of your posts.

3. KempoFist

Hahahahaha! I have a mental image of this scene, and I don't know which is funnier. The image I'm getting, or the fact that somehow you are proud of yourself for it.

4. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

Could you define "Leg bar" for us? Do you mean a knee bar (straight knee lock), or are you using it as a general term for a lower-body submission (kind of like how some people refer to all elbow and shoulder locks as "armbars")?

5. KempoFist

He means grab at his leg from underneath while in an armbar-esque position.

6. soyez efficaces

soyez efficaces Valued Member

if I'm not mistaken, NZ Ninja trains in a dojo that teaches both Ninjutsu and BJJ, his instructor has a 5th dan and a Brown Belt. I'm quite certain there are a scattering of Blue belts in this dojo by now.

Paul

7. IronDragon

IronDragon Banned Banned

Then it will be no problem to provide the facts of his claim.

8. elftengu

elftengu Banned Banned

Oh yes, I forgot, these were our best ninjas, sanctioned by Soke and sent out to maintain our honour. How wrong could I be?

And KempoFist, just keep KempoFisting.

9. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

Dont forget mothers maiden name, first pets name, serial number, phone number, how tall you are, if you are susceptible to any diseases, and birthdate.

Thank you.

10. IronDragon

IronDragon Banned Banned

Indeed, typical Ninjer BS.
    I can make up any story I like, but the onus isn't on me to prove the validity of my "story" it's on you to blindly believe my uber-greatness.

That's why so many BBT people suck.

11. elftengu

elftengu Banned Banned

If you hate us so much, how come you pop round to our forum for tea and biscuits every five minutes?

Go on, admit it, you like our biscuits!

12. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

Iron:

A: I'm not BBT
    B: I dont care what you believe
    C: I dont care if he triangle choked a BJJ black belt and then threw him into traffic
    D: You annoy me
    E: Go away
    F: Why do you care if he beat someone in BJJ? Suck on the teet harder please, I dont think Gracie can feel it.

13. IronDragon

IronDragon Banned Banned

I don't hate you guys, I hate crappy training methods and practice and brainwashed fan-boyism.

Personally, I think some of you guys are solid and good martial artists, I've also seen a huge amount who sucked so bad that what they were taught would get them killed in a serious fight, or just plain whooped in a regular one.

I've visited a few Booj schools in my time, haven't seen a lot of good training/skills, but have seen some that were.

A: Don't care, it included all Ninja
    B: That's fine
    C: Aye, you're one of those who buy into BS sold to them in pretty packaging and think how great it all is, sucks to be so naive...
    D: So do you, but that's how the world works and as you are not god, you have no control over me, deal with it, or get some help for your mental imbalances.
    F: Someone makes a claim, especially from a style that has been shown on video to be ineffective and in person(I've seen and sparred a few Buj people inmy day and haven't yet seen one that could handle a serious fight let alone one on the ground against a skilled grappler) then they need to prove the truth of their claim, it would be a bennefit for the claims made by you guys, rather than just another "story" that has never been proven as true.
    Any MA that makes claims like that, I will demand proof of it to test it's factual validity, doesn't matter what the MA is, but the majority of such claims seem to come from you guys, wonder why that is?

14. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

thread closed.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  15. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

I wholeheartedly, and unreservedly apologise for any offense caused by my last post in this thread.

I have removed it to prevent further offense. I should not have commented as such. I will endeavour to refrain from such comments in future.

Sarge

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.