MythBusters "Ninja Special" Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Dale Seago, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

Wow!!

The Mythbusters episode has flushed out a number of former students I haven't heard from in years. It's always great to hear that you've managed to do some good!! This just came in today from a woman warrior who used to be in my dojo:

1.4 Posting Personal Contact Information (Address/ Phone Number):
    Members may not post personal contact information such as home address, work address, home telephone number, work telephone number, email address etc., in the public forums.
    1.4.1 ANYONE, including guests to MAP, can read the public forums - this policy is in place for YOUR safety and protection.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2007
  2. Terao

Terao Valued Member

omg i missed it lol

3. Big Will

Big Will NinpƓ Ikkan

Wow, that's really great, Dale!

And it really serves as a first hand account of at least your Bujinkan-training being of high value, when it comes to using it "for real".

Thanks for posting that, it was actually very inspiring!

4. jules

jules lurking bacteria

Just watched the clips myself..Quite entertaining! Probably a little pointless trying to pick them apart on the internet! The thing i see about the first criticized gansaki is there wasnt any room for the untrained guy to be thrown.
    Not a great idea to crank a mean gansaki on a dojo guest who doesn't roll into a space that someone is walking through.or is that just me lol

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  5. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

but Ganseki isn't a throw.. it's more like a drop ;)

6. dra_uk

dra_uk Lost in Translation

Exactly. I was under the impression it was to snap the arm and you get out of the way. It's probably best that Dale didn't do that... ;)

7. Dale Seago

Amazingly, even some Bujinkan detractors elsewhere seem to "get it" -- see pages 7 & 8 here.

As I commented earlier, if you run the parts with Adam in slow-mo you can see that I'm very relaxed and still smiling as I'm moving: a sure sign that I have no control whatever over the situation. :D

8. seattletcj

seattletcj Valued Member

Thats ganseki otoshi, right? ;)

9. Grimjack

Grimjack Dangerous but not serious

Dale,
    You've been upstaged!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTqyU-bEE1M&mode=related&search="]MythBusters - Ask A Ninja! - YouTube[/ame]

10. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Hmm, on that note, check this out. Posted on YouTube in response to the Mythbusters show.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcm-9Jvn46c&NR=1"]Old Footage of Sword Catching - YouTube[/ame]

11. Dale Seago

One of my students mentioned that clip Tuesday, but I hadn't seen it yet -- thanks!!

Grim, the "Ask A Ninja" bit was actually put together during the last couple of weeks before the show aired. . .

12. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Dale Seago said:-
    Nah, tell the truth Dale. YOU! YOU are the Ask A Ninja Ninja! Your secret is revealed! :p

You're going to flip up and pull out my brain now, aren't you? :eek:

13. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

Dale did you get paid for the episode? Just a random question.

14. dra_uk

dra_uk Lost in Translation

A random personal question... :rolleyes:

15. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

Yes a random personal question. :love:

I didn`t ask how much. :Angel:

16. Dale Seago

No, I didn't; but they did reimburse me for the day's work I missed for the shoot, which was on a Friday. I didn't ask for that, but they offered and I accepted.

And a day's work for me can get expensive. In July, for instance, I spent 4 weeks on an executive protection assignment. Got US $10K for that.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
  17. zendog

zendog Valued Member

With some clients, $10,000 can be no where near enough. . .

18. Dale Seago

From my experience, I'd say that is a significant understatement. ;) I've had a few of those. . .

19. zendog

zendog Valued Member

LOL -- :bang:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
  20. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

Hmmm...in the slow-mo of the blade catch...the hands look really loose around the blade...I'm guessing the palms would have got cut if the swordsman actully kept cutting downward...