What supplements do you take?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by CrowZer0, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

Isn't the same argument valid for Caffeine? I do use Creatine but have breaks every couple of months.

Tried some Protein in my porridge today, and it wasn't too bad, changes the consistency a bit and adds more flavour in some ways making it more appetising, I tend to go with it more as a hot meal on a cold day than liking the taste.

2. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

3. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Our body creates Caffeine? :|

4. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

I think its more your body adapts to it and gets used to it being there. I know when I used to drink lots of red bull, when I stopped drinking it I'd be lethargic for days. I'd imagine taking a break from it will improve the effect it has overall.

Similarly because you get used to it, it then takes more of it to have an effect, again when I drank lots of red bull, I soon found I'd need several cans to give me that 'buzz' to keep me awake while doing my dissertation etc, rather than just one can.

5. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

True. I used to take caffeine (quite high doses) before each muay thai class.

After a while - say a couple of weeks - I noticed I had become 'disorganised'. And that lethargy had set in.

I looked into this. And found that your body gets used to the dose. And after a while gets no further benefit from it. And in fact becomes 'befuddled'.

So I stopped taking it before muay thai for a while (a month or so). And all was clear.

Bear in mind I'm not talking about scuushing the occasional espresso. More like those crazy 'rarahhhrahh' 'diet pills'...

6. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

will be experimenting with inta workout supps today, i'll let you know how i get on.

7. seiken steve

so after a wade through the internet i went for waxy maize + aminos +glyserol

the amino product i used was My protiens 'exceed' which tastes like soap, waxy maize taste like chalk and glyserol tatse like vodka. i wasnt expecting much from the tatse front but it was acctually alright.

as far as performance... meh, too soon to tell, i rarely feel a 'pump' anyway so no noticeabe diff there. not sure if its in my head but i dont feel as sore today as i expected to.

i'll run it a wee while and see the craic.

8. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Is there any particular reason you want to feel a 'pump'?

I mean is it because you want to feel that you've really 'worked'.

You do mid-range of volume (going by your Log).

Obviously most Bodybuilders (the ones I know) are obsessed with it.

Surely the waxy maize starch plus glycerol will have replaced your ATP stores in much the same way D-Ribose does. And the aminos will have contributed to your extra protein uptake (synthesis).

So you'll feel less sore. As you say though, could be in your head.

9. seiken steve

yeah that was my thinking, plus i'd spiked my BCAA's with extra lucein making them from 2:1:1 to about 4:1:1 which will help with pro sythesis and MToR response.

the 5k calories i'm currently getting through might help too. :p

the pump? hmm well i do a lot of low rep work, so i dont expect a pump, but i do stray into more 'BB' rep ranges on my acceosries, and even do the odd set of curls, it'd be nice to get all pumped up when doing so, if nothing else it feels nice. i tend to get pretty vascular once i've warmed up which is always fun but its rare i get that "OMG i feel like coleman" feeling. lol

10. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

I keep it super simple in the supliment department, I go with a multivitamin and a vitamin c pill along with a calcium pill, the rest is all propper nutrition. But thats just the way I roll.

11. bodyshot

I have had the same experience with going all natural, in fact I found that by eating right I had by far way more improvement than I ever got from takeing hundreds of dollars of suppliments. Try reading the usda report on nutrition, I did and it helped my understand the basics of nutrition.

12. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I take a lot of supplements. I know I should get a lot of this from my diet, but supplements ensure I do get enough of what is needed.

Multi-vitamin/ Mineral

Calcium Citrate (partially to conteract possible side effect of medication reducing bone density. So far tests have had my density as good.)

Vitamin D (was low in a test. Ridiculous that I don't get enough sun living in So Cal, but it is what it is.)

Vitamin B12. Again- low in a test. (Every other day.)

Iron (Every other day.)

Vitamin C

Acidophilous (sp?)

Hyaluronic Acid

Flaxseed Oil

I have tried MSM and Glucosamine Chondroitin in the past, but they didn't seem to make a diffference, while the Hyaluronic Acid does.

13. bodyshot

Well my main thing is that its all so expensive and since I dont compete on a pro or semi pro level I dont take much. I can say that after going a few weeks without my multi and my c I can for sure see the difference feel it too.

14. seiken steve

Something I thught you guy would take an interesting, a buddy of mine runs a lab making more serious 'supplements' of the injectable kind. He's been playing around with sub-q vit b12, through an insulin pen.

While I don't condone doping or playing around with needles I've been watching Him like a hawk and bombarding him with questions, he seems to be noticing a big difference.

15. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

I really don't think it's a placebo, I've been testing myself in different ways, Noopept + Alpha GPC leaves me with a clarity of thought and mental capability that I haven't experienced ever... Really helps with mood, motivation and mental strength for workouts, it's a feeling of calm.

16. peteevans

peteevans New Member

I take Male Matrix (vitamins and minerals), Blue Vera (omega 3s), creatine and a testosterone booster.

17. seiken steve

Update on the buddy, he's doing my head in, he's always full off beans and cheerful. It's like spending time with tigger from winny the poo!

He says is appetite is higher than usual (the dude has the biggest appetite I've seen already) which helps his bulk.

18. Helas

Helas Banned Banned

I don't take any supplements to stay healthy. I believe that if you want to stay healthy and spend a happy life then just always take balanced diet. But with that don't forget to take exercise. It is also most important.

19. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

eat healthy. drink chocolate milk after training. that's about it.

20. seiken steve

Lol oh yeah the choc milk theory, that still floating about?