Bug tracker

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Saz, Mar 20, 2008.

1. righty

righty Valued Member

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Have you tried using a different "thread length" by changing the "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" part of Edit Options to something other than "Use Forum Default"?

3. righty

righty Valued Member

Yes did then. It's still not showing up around about the #95 post mark.

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Photo button

In Firefox on the title bar

5. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Can you get me a screenie of it?

6. Moi

:cool:

Attached Files:

7. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

No idea how that hasn't been noticed when its been like that on the "Classic MAP" skin for ages.

Sorted.

8. Moi

I end up on the home page after your little joke.

9. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

You will do, theres a redirect on it ;)

10. llong

llong Valued Member

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm a relatively minor member of MAP, and solely vist the Ninjutsu forum.

For some reason, over the past year, MAP has become extremely slow. I timeout about 1/3 of the time and 2/3 of the time it take at least 60 seconds to load the page. In fact, this is the second time I've typed this because it timed out while I was sending a message.

Any ideas why that would be? Are there settings I can change to solve this on my side.

Thank you and cheer!

-Lester

11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

We know about it. The server we live on simply doesn't like us and we've got a new one getting set up right now. By the time I've ironed out a few kinks on the software side (like our journal software not being compatible with new software versions and thus needing a new system) it should be ready sometime in September.

Ish.

12. llong

llong Valued Member

Thank you for the update!

13. Unjeesunsu

Unjeesunsu Valued Member

I don’t have a clue where to post my question and I really tried to find the answer on several threads before I bothered anybody but……I hope you forgive me if I post my question here.

Here is my question; Every once in a while I find a members posts interesting and try to see what else he/she posted which works fine but often that member has several hundreds of posts and has been a member for several years and I can never read all the posts.

For example; The other day I clicked on “Find all posts by XXX” which I did. That member had over 700 posts and has been with MAP since 2003 but I was only able to access about 300 posts the last one being in 2007. How can I read the other remaining posts???

Like I said, I tried to figure this out by myself but wasn’t able to. Thanks for your help.

Unjee

14. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Chat profile link brings security token error:

Chat -> {username} (in user list at right side) ->Profile ->

[​IMG]

15. Lorelei

Lorelei Valued Member

This is probably me being thick (I don't mix well with software) but is there really a way to manage subscription notifications using the 'list subscriptions' screen? I read through the FAQs, and found this:

You can also manage your individual subscriptions by clicking 'List Subscriptions' under 'Subscribed Threads' in your User CP. Here you can select which subscriptions you wish to manage and delete them, move them to another folder, or change their subscription type.

I tried left-click, right-click and double-click on the info in the 'notification' column, but no options appeared that looked like they would let me change the information in the field from 'instant' to 'weekly'. I also tried ticking/unticking boxes in the next column, which had no apparent effect. Am I doing it wrong? (Probably!)

I ended up going into each thread I wanted to change, unsubscribing and then resubscribing to change the notification frequency. If there's an easier way than that, PLEASE tell me (preferably in idiot-friendly language - I have form when it comes to misunderstanding instructions......).

Thanks in advance,
    Lorelei

16. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

Kanji in signature blocks is kaput.

17. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

This has been mentioned a couple of times on different boards, but just to reiterate here for people kind enough to report it, it's a side effect of blocking some character sets to avoid people registering using the same names as admins etc on the site.

The hope is to have the kanji back, but in the meatime it's unavoidable I'm afraid.

Mitch

18. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

19. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

You are correct, but I haven't configured mail yet, so it won't work just yet