Conversion?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by RhadeConstantin, May 4, 2012.

1. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

as someone who studied the cold war I have to say you are wrong. When george f kennan developed his policy of containment the US government took it the wrong way and assumed he meant contain them militarily through hot proxy stuff because thats what war monger truman wanted it to mean. It was in his old age that kennan said he made mistakes and a lot of the bull roar like vietnam and korea could have been avoided because the ussr was political and NOT like hitler and the usa made a grave error in treating them like Hitler.

2. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

I am not arguing they should have fought at all.
    However, if war is going to happen, a proxy war was still preferable to an all-out war. Perhaps not for the proxies themselves of course :)

3. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Not at all. Some people within organisations buck the trend of the pervasive culture of that organisation. However low ranking pawns are rarely considered custodians.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  4. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

It sounds weird, I dont know if any war can be called good, even though like WWII it is more necessary than 'good' But ye, a proxy war is better than a global world war (if there is such a thing lol)

5. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

I am actually morally opposed to organized religion, generally speaking, but I recognize that some organized religions do charitable work and help a lot of people. What I meant was that I stopped being anti-religion in the sense that I used to look down on religious people as being gullible and foolish. I don't make those assumptions now, and I treat every religious person I meet on a case-by-case basis. I've met too many outstanding humans who happened to be religious for me to assume religious belief is a reflection of some predetermined character flaw.

6. S89

S89 Mad?

This is pretty much how I see things too.
    Very good post.