Who will head the Bujinkan next?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by deivu, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

I'm sure you do, Gary, I'm sure you do.

2. garth

garth Valued Member

Kagete posted
    The thing about this is that if any other organisation was charging this amount (see posts above) and were trying to keep the costs secret, two charges would be levelled against them

Mcdojo and Cult.

Garth

3. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Skuggvarg, thank you for the correction on the pricing.
    You are exactly correct that is what we paid. My miscalculation, we must have attended more classes and paid less.

As for not posting prices and schedules for that matter. I am not sure why this is the case. Would they not want people to be able to schedule?

Mind you it just took the 1st visit to the honbu to figure it out who taught when.
    3500 yen isn't too much for a class per se but 28000 may be a bit much for someone for the month if attending 2 classes a week. And personally if I was there I would want more than 2X a week.

I don't know if I'd call the Kan a McDojo. Nor a cult, some of the students mindframes look cultlike but I doubt Hatsumi Sensei set it out to be like that.

4. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

Yeah, like they're not doing that already...as for mcdojo, my experience is that it has more to do with networking in preparation for the future (basically how things will play out when the original question of this thread is answered), and cults, well, they're all fundamentally about fornication. Now I've been hit on by both guys and gals through the course of my training, sure, but judging by the state of affairs in the Bujinkan right now, there are probably a lot of high-strung people who haven't been getting any in a while.

5. garth

garth Valued Member

Kagete posted
    You've never said a truer word.

Um OK, dont qyite get that but i'll wait and see

Are they?

I dont think your understanding of cults is accurate but OK

Care to elaborate?

I'm not sure anymore whether we are talking about training or sex.

Garth

6. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

Cults, sects, whatever...as long as mankind exists I can promise you two things - people are always going to gather in strange places to procreate in groups, and they're always going to be interested in messing up their brains with various chemical substances.

For goodness's sake, think of the children.

Bummer (pardon the pun).

7. Arashima

Arashima Banned Banned

The merits of an invitation-only forum are becoming more apparent.

And before anyone starts moaning that they wouldn't want to join anyway, I believe Groucho Marx beat you to it with this classic:

"I'd never join a club that would accept me as a member."

:woo:

8. Canit

Canit Valued Member

Talk about thread drift. Assisted by the forum mod to boot.

9. Arashima

Arashima Banned Banned

I think CKava has rather splendidly exhibited the 'If you can't beat em join em' strategy. Very ninja-like for a non ninja.

And which from what has been said recently seems to cause less problems than letting loose a bunch of pitbull trolls from other arts.

10. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

I'll admit the digression into a financial inquiry was unexpected and fairly off topic but I thought it would be a bit heavy handed to split it off to another thread. Given the controversial and some would say 'rude' aspect of the original topic I thought the financial inquiry would be best contained here as well. Ah well can't keep everyone happy!

11. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

I apologise for my rude swines comment. The plural of swine is swine. This bad grammar should not happen again.