Constantine

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Freeform, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Keanu Reeves as John Constantine!

Stage 1: Denial

BWWWWAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Stage 2: Anger

:woo:

Stage 3: Depression

:cry:

Stage 4: Acceptance

This movie is going to suck.

What do you guys think?

Col

2. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

What movie is this? Any details on it?

I've never heard of it before....

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Story of a Detective who checks out supernatural murders and the like, cos he's been to Hell. Has some magical powers. Its based on the comic HellBlazer. One of the few comics i havent read.

4. Freeform

5. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this movie is everything wrong with the hole comic book to movie thing.

I wonder when they'll get their act together, in the last couple of years some of the biggest movies have stuck close to the comic (X-men, Spidy, even the 1st batman) & look at what they're putting out.

Batman Forever, I really don't need to elaborate do I

Catwoman, sod all to to with the comic, just a reason to get Hallie B into a catwoman outfit. Sounds forgivable but I'm not convinced

L.E.X, I threw the remote at the DVD player for daring to play that

& don' get me started on that Justice League Debacle

It's not fair.......................

It's really not fair :(

6. Freeform

They're doing a Justice League one!!!!!!!!!!

God, that'll be crap!

Reeve's hasn't even gone blonde for the Constantine role! He's a crap actor, with a crap accent!

They should have gotten Sting to do it :D

Col

p.s And don't get me started on that Catwoman debacle!

7. Mushroom

told you it was one i didnt read, sorry dude.
    And how in the hell are they gonna do another justice league movie? the TV version was horrible!
    I'm a huge greenlantern fan, even getting a slightly modified logo tatooed on back..yet they call him greenlantern and give him a bloody blue outift. smart.
    Theres too much legalities anyway as different characters are owned by different artisits, even though DC is owned by WB.

Catwoman. I will watch cos Halle Berry in S&M gear. and try not to throw my drink at the screen as soon as i hear her name, Patience Prince NOT Selina Kyle. WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?? HAVE YOU NO SENSE OF DIGNITY? HULK SMASH!.

'ahem'

anyhoo....comic books is now slowly becoming a more recognised form of serious medium in the West. Always looked down upon by general society as crude and of low brow material.
    Did you know, that in America, they are actually considering to make X-Men: God Loves Man Kills, listed to be curriculum reading?
    Even though X2 was based on it.

Scott McCloud's Understanding Comics, The Invisible Art is a good book to read.
    I recently finished a Dissertation on comic books.

8. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

Mr. Reeves is begining to get on my nerves with his insane roles

you were neo thats nice but frankly i would rather not see your face in aonther movie, Mr. Reeves, no hard feelings right?

9. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

What is it with people and Reeves? He's not that bloody bad.

A few critics say he's a bad actor, and suddenly the public feels it needs to follow 'whatever' they say because they must be the 'authority' on the subject.

Just because he may have been type cast a few times, or becasue he's done some fairly 'dull' rolls, doesnt mean that all he can do.

Reeves isn't that bad of an Actor. Get past the general idea that he's ****, and you'll see it. Think for your ****ing selves.

10. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

We asked our acting teacher (who played Keanu's dad in the Bill & Ted movies) about him, and we were told that he was "perfect" for the role of Ted. Go figure :p

11. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

they've done it mate :(, it's the one Mushroom was talking about. Keep an eye on channel 5 on bank holidays, they usually play that drivel then. It was made around the same time as David Hassellhoff's "Nick Furey" (spelling??) movie & it SUCKS

& what's with this whole "you nearly die but are brought back with the 2000 year old spirit of an egyptian cat" Poo???????

Dude, your teachers wife was hot.

That his wife Dude

Yah....... but she is hot

Couldn't resist :D

12. Gallameed

Gallameed Valued Member

John Constantine is a scouser for crying out loud why, WHY, WHY, HAVE THEY LET Keanu Reeves play a scouser?!

DID THEY SEE HIS ATTEMPT AT BEING BRITISH IN DRACULA!!!!, HE CANT DO ACCENTS!!!! HE IS SO WOODEN THEY HAVE TO TREAT HIM FOR DRY ROT AND TERMITES ONCE A YEAR!!!

AND THEY ARE GOING TO SET THE FILM IN LA, OH MY GOD!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Its like letting Chris Evans/annoying celebrity play Wolverine in an X-men movie!!!

...dont even get me started on the Matrix... ...Invisibles rip off... ...bah, grumble...

13. Mushroom

Keanu Reeves = not good actor.
    That is my own opinion. However he was ok in Point Blank and he more or less played himself in Bill and Ted. After a few more flicks i thought he got better...then i saw Sweet November. So wooden a woodpecker would go "Damn thats a lot of wood"

I bet you they gonna make Constantine an American! Theyre gonna do one of those lines that explains the actor's accent, although he lives in UK.
    Like Van Damme in Double Impact, living in Hong Kong all his life but has French accent cos he was raised in French Orphanage.