Gold Belt

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by GoldDan, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I think this shows that you don't understand JKD half as much as you think you do

You aren't putting up videos because you know that sunlight is a tremendous disinfectant...You are just another fraud posting online and teaching when you have no business in doing so

2. Hannibal

I have said you are a fraud - you are by your own admission
    I have said you shouldn't be teaching - you shouldn't
    I have said you lack understanding about other arts - you do

So no, I am not being nasty I am being truthful....Blunt yes, nasty.no

3. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

Some might call you delusional, but rationalization is a common defense mechanism. Seems you are caught in a lie and are looking for a way out. Rationalizing your behavior, in other words, making excuses.

Look it doesn't matter your perceived rank. What matters is are you a good, decent, honorable person. Despite the excuses you have, your rationalization, it comes down to whether or not you are honorable in what you do.

People do question how good or qualified Bruce Lee was based on claims, but he wasn't known for making excuses and most would say he was very honorable. That makes him credible and on the path to mastering himself.

If you are not on the path to mastering yourself with honor, you will not be a good master to others. In the end, your legacy will be lost in corruption and fraud.

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I feel like Simon or Mitch made this post because of lack of site traffic. This can't be real.

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

My kids are on holiday, I'm too busy flying drones, playing boardgames, assembling toys and refereeing arguments :D

Mitch

6. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Given the scope/bredth of the School/Club/Organisation which you claim to head, surely you have a listing and/or link to a website, Facebook page or Twitter account, as most businesses these days do, that you'd be able to share with us all here?

Travess

7. GoldDan

GoldDan Banned Banned

If I remember correctly the circumstances around his death, he was on the couch of some woman who often played seductive mistresses in chinese movies.

8. GoldDan

GoldDan Banned Banned

I pay my taxes, yes.

As I've mentioned, I used to study law. I was very thorough, in the begining I was going to call it center for Choi-Kwan taekwondo, then just teach mma and everybody would think it was the best taekwondo they'd ever seen. But some guy in australia actually did that allready, he is pretty legit too, though I would say I have a better ground game.

What I do is nothing unusual, I consolidated with other people who did the same thing before I opened up my place. You're making a storm in a glass of water. My school is pretty good, they punch correctly, kick correctly, takedown correctly and submit correctly. Its not like the black belts you see on martial art fail videos over at youtube.

9. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Didn't ask, don't care.

All very interesting, but none of which is related to my post, which you yourself quoted as this being a response to?

Am I? I made no references to you as a Martial artist,
    to the nature of your business, or to you as an individual. What I did do, was politely ask you if you'd be kind enough to direct me (us) to any on-line presence that your business has? (a question that you spent 2 paragraphs avoiding.)

You yourself said that you had an obligation to your employees to 'Market' your business, and I was just curious as to which markets they included.

Travess

10. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

So belts are only for kids because they're worthless, but to proof your TKD worth you say: "Look, I would have had a BB if I weren't a kid."
    After three years.

No art done longer than four years.
    Great, you scratched some fundamentals.

I hope you're honest towards your students, that you might show them some little things, but nothing big.

Side note: Gold belts look ridiculous. and I would never take someone your age serious with it.
    Gee, I couldn't take an old bloke serious with it.

11. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I personally would love to see videos of this style.

12. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Not seeing that happening.

13. GoldDan

GoldDan Banned Banned

Oh, the answer is no. It even says in the forum rules that I shouldn't hand out personal information like phone numbers etc, so I won't.

At least until people calm down. I actually do have videos that I was gonna post, I make a lot of tutorials where I also go through the risk and safety precautions, but I think I'll wait a year before posting them.

You're missing out though, I go through laws and twists concerning self-defence. I give very valuable advice. A surprizing amount of martial arts people have defended themselves straight into jail.

14. GoldDan

GoldDan Banned Banned

I'll let you in on a secret, it looks very much like MMA. It is bokator without the dancing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX0ZvQ-Se0s

This without the dancing. And a little bit more BJJ and wrestling.

But we do a lot of different rules to develop different parts of the skill. If I want them to practise more kicks I'll take out the grappling and only allow straight punches. Sometimes we just roll. Sometimes we clinch with headbutt and elbows. It really depends on the protective equipment and where I see room for improvement.

15. GoldDan

GoldDan Banned Banned

Because if you actually looked up Bokator you would know that they keep on doing the Wai Kru dance all the way through out the fight. It is an interprative dance while fighting and it is very important that the fighters represent the art respectfully by doing this dance.

APOLOGIZE!

16. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Wouldnt define the Wai kru as interpretive dance. Nothing to APOLOGISE for matey. So by your definition Muay Thai would also fall under this. Lol

Caps is shouting on a forum. Didnt shout at you so dont expect it from you!

17. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Put up or shut up time. Lets see some video of your system or a web link or I am going to assume you are a very bad troll. Getting boring very quickly.

18. Hannibal

Was clearly utter shash right out the gate....:)

19. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

Personally I would be skeptical to an art founded by someone who didn't study any style for long enough to lern the intricacies, I suppose. If you don't lie about who you are and what you teach, than I suppose it is ok and there are people who would enjoy your classes, why not? If you can do bussiness this way, so be it. But you shouldn't lie. Like the pictures of an old thai guy, the bokator in the name of the style that you never even studied and probably don't have much understanding about.... or maybe making up things about where your art came from. I suppose especially then you will have a hard time discussing about teaching MA when you may have some, or maybe have none experience yourself... If you post a video, you can easily show if your art is something worth learning. If not, hey, this is internet. You admit to try and cheat your students, so why should we believe all the other things you claim?
    Also, I can't help but think your gold belt is not for children, but for yourself. You were afraid to put on a black belt, since you never achieved one (which is great in my opinion), but you may just want to be unique and be that someone people look up to.
    I just have that feeling from some things you wrote. Like, for example, could you explain what is so "noble" about your art? This looks just like boosting your style and yourself and decorate it with pretty words, that would, personally make me wonder if this art is even something wirth learning about...

20. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

you called?