Race is not a social construct

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by CamelSpider, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CamelSpider

CamelSpider Banned Banned

My view is that race is not a social construct, but a instance of different complexities(i.e humans). As oppose to my view is that race is a social construct; made up by humans to communicate a phenomenon. My view is that race is weighted toward the phenomena, not input of persons.

Below is an explanation of the phenomena.

Why do you compete for high standing around knowledgeable people? Why do you categorise people around you?

When was the white man a victim of racism, if not the presence of the other man at present?

Would racism be a thing if nobody got hurt?

I answer these questions:

a) I do to be powerful, or for my viewers to be powerful.

b) I categorise people for many of reasons, but in the case of race, to be wise of the concept.

c) I think racism would be accepted. I think there is a severe case of hurt for racism to be such a problem.

In the purest sense, races should be understood as races, and race is not a social construct; as a social construct understanding each other can be difficult, but political or social ties may be eased.

Race is a not a social construct, by the fact races are on separate sides of a spectrum, even if that spectrum is considered Earth.

This is my view, can you change it?

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

You'll have to explain it in much better English, and I would suspect greatly improve your knowledge of ideas of race, genetics etc before most people are going to try and change anything.

Maybe start at the basics.

What do you think "race" is?

Mitch

3. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

almost coherent but basically nonsense. is op written by a member of the human race or a spam bot?

4. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

No, because I can't even understand it.

5. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

6. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

*Like*

:)

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I think I react like that little girl at least 10 times a day reading stuff online.

8. CamelSpider

Race is a natural phenomenon. A person's race is determined by genetics, and results in different skin colour, facial features, personality traits, etc. Genetics are different because of natural conditioning and mutation.

Humans were originally black, who moved East and West. In the present some humans are white, and the spectrum between them.

Where was my English bad?

9. CamelSpider

I have respect for young girls; Inwouldnt adcarade images of them as jokes or to depict retardation.

Are you a homsexual?

10. kandi

kandi Valued Member

Is english your native language?

11. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Do you need one?

12. CamelSpider

You are not a man.

You are not courageous.

You lay in bed fantasising (bizarre racial, homophobic and not family oriented stuff deleted).

Young girls hate you, you do not respect her.

You don't know how to fight, you're as horizontal and vertical as the book.

No English isn't my first language, my first language is confidence and fatherhood.

You're a disgrace, end of story.

You lost my respect.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2017
  13. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

I'm surprised you got to 6 posts. Bet's on if this one makes it to 10?

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Please, please, please don't ban this guy. He seems fun.

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I am literally laughing at this stuff.
    "my first language is confidence and fatherhood"....hahahha...I'm gonna use that one when I next argue with the missus. :)

16. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Agreed, I take that back, all bets are off! I just realized the value in post #12. These will go in my epic quotes diary.

17. kandi

kandi Valued Member

"you're as horizontal and vertical as the book."

[​IMG]

18. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

high fives!

19. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

The thing in bold is not like the other 2 things you mentioned.
    Skin colour is controlled by very few genes and is a very superficial difference between people.
    "Personality" on the other hand is such a complex thing that people with a far better understanding of this sort of subject than you don't understand it.
    Personality traits aren't determined by the "race" you belong to. That sort of thinking is old fashioned and not born out by the facts (or indeed interacting with people of many "races" that all have different personalities.

20. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

As an interesting fact, though, lately studies show that be it in humans or animals (I wrote a bachelor thesis about this in birds), melanin present in hair, skin and so on does affect some of the personality traits. I wouldn't say a race determines personality, but the abundance of melanin, be it within or between populations should (in average) affect some personality traits like aggression and sexual activity or in animals also dominance. All of these are greater with more melanin present.
    ...sooo, you could technically say that genetics can influence personality a little bit :Angel:

Just google "melanin personality" and you will find several sources.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.