Sylo In-Close drill video

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by BahadZubu, Mar 19, 2017.

1. BahadZubu

BahadZubu Valued Member

Hey everyone.

I wanted to share this video of Guro Federico and myself working a drill called Sylo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-liv-VKqk&feature=share

This is one of GM Yuli's newest creations. I worked this drill A LOT when I last trained with him. There is a lot of information contained within this drill and it is a very interesting adaptation of of some classic Kali Ilustrisimo concepts.

Feel free to comment or ask questions.

Best,

BZ

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

thanks for posting.

I do love it when members post their own videos.

I know this is just a drill, but I note how just check the hand and not control the hand and wrist.

Is this intentional?

3. BahadZubu

BahadZubu Valued Member

Hey Simon. Thanks for watching. if you enjoyed it please 'thumbs up' it on the youtube page.

As for the live hand, first of all my live hand isn't as active or as accurate as it should be due to injury causing lack of sensation and muscle weakness. That being said, we do intentionally check the hand because we are looking to set ourselves up for a disarm. We check near the the thumb to create a 'stick/hand sandwich' for the disarm. Just grabbing the wrist allows for the weapon to still be somewhat mobile and still do damage.

Thanks for the question.

BZ

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I should never have doubted you. :D

5. BahadZubu

BahadZubu Valued Member

Lol no worries, for I have been known to make mistakes ;) though it's improvement that counts.

Can't figure out why the video is so grainy though. Maybe I am filming at too low a resolution rate...30 fps 1080p Seems weird.