Ki experiences?

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by ember, Aug 8, 2005.

1. ember

ember Valued Member

These questions are aimed more at the black belts, but anyone of course can answer.

I'm curious to know if you feel anything during Ki Cho Cha Gi? If so, how long did it take for that to happen?

Also, do you do the Ki Breathing positions on any sort of regular basis? Have you noticed any difference?

Thanks

2. JSun

JSun Valued Member

Well, I'm far from a black belt, but I can tell you I have experienced some physiological response from Ki Cho Cha Ki, and it doesn't happen all the the time. I've noticed when I pay close attention and focus my breath down into the diaphram before the ki hap is executed I've felt something like a slight numbness in my hands after executing the techniques. Don't ask me why, I just know it's something I've experienced before.

KSN Nance also has us practice a technique that he says pumps ki to the hands. We generally get into Ki Ma Ja Seh and hold both hands out from of us @ heart level with palms facing forward, fingers spread as wide as possible. Then we clench our hands into a fist and spread the fingers out again as quickly as possible a hundred times. I've read Ki is tied to cardiopulminary system, and I can honestly say this exercise raises the heart rate considerably, considering there is not much movement occuring outside of the fingers. I find it very interesting.

Just my two cents :)

3. TXKukSoolBB

TXKukSoolBB Valued Member

Yes. I actually will feel my body temp rise and a general feeling of relaxation in the muscles but a tingle in the nerves. This took me a couple of years. The hardest thing to learn here is to FOCUS on what you are actually doing. Many times I have seen students just go through the motions.

I honestly have not done the other breathing positions in awhile. I need to do so and see if I feel a difference. Thanks for the topic as it has got me thinking about these again.

4. ember

ember Valued Member

Thanks for responding. My experience indicates it doesn't happen every time, it does depend a lot on the attention that is paid, and maybe something else.

One of the things I .... haven't mentioned to anyone at the dojang yet... is that as an undergrad in college I had a mentor who knew reiki and some other ki practices. He got his reiki level 3 Master/Teacher attunement maybe two months after I started working with him.

So... I have about four years of training with him, and now about 9 years of experience with energy work, sometimes more regularly than others. Now integrating that experience with Kuk Sool is... interesting...

When I started out as a white belt, the only thing I knew was that Kuk Sool felt good, was helping with what I wanted help on.

I learned the ki breathing exercises in my first seminar, but was irregular about practicing them until about last fall. I usually do them around 4 times a week. And after some months of semi-regular practice like that, I've been reminded / noticing shifts in my energy. About the last two weeks I've noticed it kicking in during Ki Cho Cha Gi, especially with #6.

And I'm kinda wondering if this is normal.... and I should probably talk to KJN about it rather than post it here... but I thought I'd ask.