Intro from new member

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by KLAING, Jan 15, 2017.

1. KLAING

KLAING New Member

Hello
    I have been training in various martial arts boxing/Judo/Kung Fu(Kam Lau system), Wsetern kick boxing/Muay Thai/Kuk sool won for the past 30 odd years.
    For the past few years my training has been totally focused on the fitness and striking side and I have realised how much I miss the more traditional side of practising patterns etc and aim to rekindle my love of this area - in particular the Chinese patterns/forms I learned like Ping Kuen and the 3 animal forms we used (Snake, Tiger, Crane)

2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Welcome to MAP. :hat:

Is the Ping Kuen form from the Kam Lau system? Choy Li Fut has a Ping Kuen form. It wouldn't be the first time I have heard of different styles having different forms with the same name.

3. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Welcome to MAP!

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Welcome man. Enjoy MAP :D

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome aboard :)

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Welcome to MAP! :)

7. KelvinB

KelvinB New Member

Hi guys

first time in this forum! I hope you are all well.

8. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Welcome!

9. KLAING

KLAING New Member

It is pretty much the same as this variant, only with slightly more emphasis on the focus of the strikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFkKAjvvI6Q[/

Thank you for the welcome everybody. Seems like a friendly place:)

10. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Ah, it was the CLF form you learned, as what you posted is labeled is CLF Ping Kuen. Ok, just curious. Does Kam Lau mix in CLF forms regularly? Is it a derived from Choy Li Fut as one of its influences? Or did you learn it somewhere else? Did you study CLF? :hat:

I'm just curious, as you didn't list CLF in your history of training.:confused: You piqued my interest with that since that is one of my styles. :)

Also, if you can't find a school in Kam Lau, it seems like CLF would be a possibility to pursue. Certainly CLF has enough forms to meet that requirement of yours. And you already know at least one CLF form.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017