MAP Raising Money For Charity

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Melanie, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Hi All

Did you know that MAP has raised money for charity since 2002?

We have contributed to Cancer Research UK, Meningitus Research Foundation and the Tsunami Disaster Fund.

In total £2413.44 has been donated generously by you the MAP Members to these exceptionally worthy causes. :)

In the coming year - 2006 - we have at least four events that will be raising more money for charity.

ScotMAP 3 To be Advised Heriot Watt Uni, Scotland

NYC MAP Meet 1st April 2006 Manhatten, NY, USA

MAP Aikido Extravaganza 21st May 2006 Grimsby, NE Lincs, UK

MAP Meet South of England II 1st July 2006 Bracknell, Berkshire, UK

So when you're looking at new years resolutions for next year, think of these events! We'd be delighted to meet you and would appreciate all donations for charity. :)

Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year ;)

2. Gray

Gray New Member

Wow, that's really nice. I love fundraising and community service stuff, it really gives me a sense of purpose sometimes. Currently I'm a member of the community service club at my high school, and we did quite well this year, especially in an effort to raise funds for the tsunami appeal... a monk from Sri Lanka visited our school to personally thank us for our efforts.

But I digress. Keep up the good work.

3. Melanie

Hiya Gray

I am pleased to hear about your fundraising efforts too - we had a Meet in Australia too in September 2004 on the Gold Coast. Be nice if another one could be arranged there some time ;)

4. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Thanks for the post Mel :)

ScotMAP3? I must get to a meet, and that will be closer to me than your meet :)

5. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I felt this needed more emphasis!

6. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

how about a MAP auction of donated items from MAP members to raise money.

I'm giving some Bujinkan vhs tapes away in the ninjutsu section but if the idea is a good one i will gladly donate one.

let me know soon though as i'm down to six out of ten now.

:)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2005
  7. Melanie

Now to add a further £395 to that amount. This was for Focus101 at the NYC MAP Meet :) Any more for any more? Anyone else want to set up a Meet? ;)

8. Melanie

New update after both of the latest Meets:

MAP Aikido Extravaganza!! 21st May 2006 Multi Arts £575 Lincolnshire Air Ambulance

Heriott Watt X-Train 20/21st May Multi Arts £75 Meningitus Research

£3458.44

9. Melanie

After the money raised today at the Meet in Bracknell - I can now confirmed the total amount raised by Martial Arts Planet now stands at:

£4632.80

10. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Wow... :D

Thats awesome!

11. Melanie

Money raised 16th June at MAP Meet 2007 - South of England III was £1000

bringing the MAP total of money donated completely to charity to:

£5632.80

12. Melanie

dding Aegis money raised from the weekend South England Meet of £1284.49 to the already fab total - we now have:
    £6917.29

13. Melanie

dding Aegis money raised from the weekend South England Meet of £1284.49 to the already fab total - we now have:
    £6917.29

14. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

We've not been updating this thread, but Aegis tells me that we are now into 5 figures raised for charity and we're not finished yet.

If you've ever been to one of our events, or not been able to attend but still donated then the team at MAP thank you.

15. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

News next week on a date for the 2017 meet.

We already have 3 instructors on-board.

This one is special to me, details next week.