Online nunchucks guide

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by TheMaster, Jun 26, 2004.

1. TheMaster

TheMaster Valued Member

Does anyone know of a free online nunchucks guide. I got some and want to learn how to use them for free

2. Alex_JHH

Alex_JHH Cardboard Tube Samurai

3. TheMaster

TheMaster Valued Member

Not bad. but its as shame none of videos work. Pritty hard to follow without visual aid :(

4. Bellator Manus

Bellator Manus Warrior of the Hand

5. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Cool. Is there a similar site that tells you how the 3 secition staff works?

6. crackdownuk

crackdownuk New Member

http://members.tripod.com/~PGresh/nunchaku.htm

i have learnt the over the back pass, what move is best and easist to learn next???

7. Alex_JHH

Alex_JHH Cardboard Tube Samurai

A lot of Spinstorms vids worked for me....

8. oldcelt

oldcelt New Member

proper name

please I beg of you not to use the "street name" for them and use the "actual" name.....everytime someone does that in a forum such as this the arts get a little sleazier......

Thank you

9. Lithanwif

Lithanwif Human Punchbag

Combat training

Dont forget to practice all of your moves on the heavy bag once you have mastered them, otherwise you might as well sign up for a gymnastics course.
    While doing it though, it's worthwhile wearing bag gloves ( and optionally a helmet for three section staff )
    I sort of remember waking up next to the bag with my three section staff lying near me, and some tweety birds doing the hockey cockey in a ring round my head.

10. crackdownuk

crackdownuk New Member

LOL thanks for the advice and some good tips :D

talk soon

mark

11. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

LOL... Learn how to do it off the net. FFS gimme a break.

12. crackdownuk

crackdownuk New Member

i understand there is no substitue for practice, but how you gonna learn about new moves :confused: hows learning of the net ( diagrams and videos and write ups) and different form learning out of a book???

Dave if you dont have anything postive to say please keep you opinions to yourself ( this is a good forums where user try to help each other rather than take the mick)

13. Dave Humm

Suppose that told me. !!

Mind due I doubt my opinion counts, I've only been a student for what, nearly 17 years, and a qualified instructor for almost seven of them.

So enjoy your online experience.

14. oldcelt

oldcelt New Member

While I do agree with Dave to a degree, I went to the one site and it has videos of a guy doing stuff....which itself can be instructive IF and ONLY IF you can verify the knowledge of the person in the videos.

Instructional videos and tapes have been around for a long time, but again and I cannot stress this enough....you have to verify the quality of instruction. Otherwise you have your neighbor who hauls trash for a living making a video showing you how to train your brown belt students......

Just be careful out there!!

15. crackdownuk

crackdownuk New Member

Hi dave i do appreciate you opinions ( even though it does contradict my last post) and looking back my last post was Out Of Order :(

I unfortunately do not have anyone who i know who has vast experience so it books, video and read for me :( and the Internet has so good stuff if you can find it :)

This is a open forum where everyones opionions count and we all have thinks in common :)

Talk soon and have a great weekend everyone

PS Dave let be friends

16. Shotokan2004

Shotokan2004 New Member

Anything!!!!!!!

OK, I do belive that you can do practically any thing on the net. There are even martial arts schools over the internet that will teach you a sertain art.
    I, personally belive that you can do any thing off the net :) :) :) :Alien: :love: :D :D

17. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Erm... why?

18. Dave Humm

Have we fallen out ? :)

19. crackdownuk

crackdownuk New Member

:D talk soon

matey

20. oldcelt

oldcelt New Member

why?...........well....I would expect an 11 year old who is heavy into role-playing to use the term "nunchucks" or some shifty weapons dealer...but not anyone who is serious about eastern or western martial arts..............sorry...my opinion............