Ufc 2

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Blige, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Blige

Blige New Member

There was a fight there in which one man was using Ninjutsu (or thats what it said) he was facing a Kickboxer(with 6 months of grappling training)...as soon as the fight started he ran full force at the kickboxer got taken down and beat to hell...Is this something you would normally do? or is this non-authentic or something?

Now I have 0 training, and the moment i saw it I was A. dissapointed, and B. I thought he was rather stupid...but maybe I missed something...

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Scott Morris was a memeber of Rober Busey's "Warriors International". He actually won his first fight. The Pat Smith fight he just got caught cold off a particularly poor tackle and paid the price.

A wrestler did the same against Gary Goodridge (UFC 8 I think...can't be bothered looking it up!) and was nearly decapitated. Doesn't mean grappling is no good!

Also what Scott did in my (limited) exposure to Taijutsu guys was about as close to Ninjutsu as Leonardo and Donatello

3. 1bad65

1bad65 Valued Member

Morris MAY have had some good grappling, but he went for a HORRIBLE take down.

In my experience I've found unless you have very good take downs, you better set up take downs with some striking. Morris could very well have carried a sign to the cage saying 'I am going to shoot right off the bat, be ready'.

4. fire&steel

fire&steel Valued Member

No ! Consumer driven Ego contests for fame glory or money are not part of the training. People seeking such things imho are training in the wrong art for the wrong reasons and are fooling themselves and deserve what they get !

About as NON - Authentic a something, as you could get !

5. mrsumo

mrsumo Invictus Maneo

I remember that one! Just another quick mistake from the early days of the ufc.
    In the gary goodridge fight that hannibal was talking about, the move he used is called the crucifix. It is an outstanding counter to a single leg, but it outlawed in alot of the fight circuits. an extremely painful submission and you cant tap while its on.

Back then the big hype in the ufc was the style vs. style aspect. Many seasoned martial artists went in and proved that most styles look alike once you are past the opening stance. Take Keith Hackney! He showed us the awesome power of Kenpo by punching Jo San in the nads 25 times while in a guillotine choke.

6. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

he should have said this in the title then we could have the thread moved to bad budo, oh wait we dont have a bad budo section....... MODS!!! get it sorted.

Robert Bussey aparently only received a black belt grading as a joke, most of his stuff is made up nonsense.

7. eyebeams

eyebeams New Member

If you're going to get in an ego-driven contest you may as well get paid for it. I'll point out at this point that conflict during the Sengoku Jidia was not about conflicting ideologies over enlightened rules and that ninja weren't paid in effusive thanks.

8. calligraphy

calligraphy New Member

Entering a tournament ..........not something normaly done in the BJK

The crash tackle........ not something normaly done in the BJK

The repetedly headbutting the other persons fist while they're in the mount ....... not something normaly done in the BJK

Bleeding a lot ........ not something normaly done in the BJK

Disappering into obscurity afterwards............. A+ quality BJK training

9. Shirusawa H.

Shirusawa H. Valued Member

first off why would you run full force into the opponent? A move like that would be too obvious and easy to predict for a counter or dodge. If I went into a tournament Id be hitting their armpits to hell! Then locking them down.

10. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Definatly not good moves. Jennum did better, and a member of RBWI.
    But I would disagree in it's use for UFC.

As for Busseys nonsense being at least at one time a pretty well paid protection group, must not have been worthy.
    I have seen as much nonsensical crap from "legitamite" people. His stuff doesn't look too bad, at least not like made up nonesense. Thats a pretty bold statement.
    Were you there when Nagato Shihan ranked him? Was it in fact a joke? Thats a pretty big insult to Nagato isn't it? Why would someone rank someone for a joke, if they would that strikes pretty pathetic of the person too IMO.

I wasn't there but I'd love to hear from someone was. I saw a few of those tests that I wouldn't have passed either. But i wouldn't refer to any of them as a joke.

11. Hannibal

Source?

12. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

God knows, on here somewhere, have a look through.

13. Hannibal

i meant other than a mesage board, but cheers buddy! ;-)

14. shinbushi

shinbushi Reaver

Actually the tackle is part of the Bujinkan. It is part of the mogurigata 潜型(潜る 【くぐる(P); もぐる】 (v5r,vi) (1) to drive; to pass through; (2) to evade; to hide; (3) to dive (into or under water); to go underground).

15. Hannibal

(4) To get one's face caved in by an average kickboxer...;-)

16. shinbushi

shinbushi Reaver

I did not say he did a good tackle, just that it is in the curriculum.

17. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

:rolleyes:

18. Hannibal

Oh come on! I thought that was quite funny! :)

19. Cannibal Bob

Cannibal Bob Non Timetis Messor

It was funny. Come on ninjas, take a joke. ;)

20. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Yeah it was funny and we can take a joke! I mean come on have you not seen those boots we wear? :D