Streetfighting with Kajukenbo

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by agsmoke, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agsmoke

agsmoke New Member

2. Matsufubu

Matsufubu Valued Member

Like KempoFist said, look at their training methodology. If they're sparring (not tippy-tap tag games) and not just doing kata then it could be worth a look. Most introductory classes are free so there's no harm in checking it out.

3. agsmoke

agsmoke New Member

They are basically the same so that same advice will not work unfortunately with these two. Did you even bother to click on the links or just regurgitate what some else has already stated.

4. Matsufubu

Matsufubu Valued Member

I was referring to the original post and not the post regarding the SBG, which is why I didn't quote the post.

I don't think a person who posts a thread entitled 'Streetfighting with Kajukenbo' should be ****-talking to anybody. You ask for advice and then talk crap to people who give it? I hope you end up joining the Black Dragon Fighting Society.

5. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

You probably can't go wrong with Matt Thornton.

Only thing to consider is if finances would be an issue where ever you decide. If you don't have much money, you either will have to get a scholarship or train someplace that doesn't charge a lot.

Sometimes the best course of action is to go to the highly rated instructors around, tell them what you are looking for and see who they recommend. This way you get the personal touch.

6. agsmoke

agsmoke New Member

Thanks Rebel Waldo glad to hear from someone experienced who knows what they are talking about, and not just repeating that same old rhetoric.

7. Matsufubu

Matsufubu Valued Member

Are you 15 or something? Here's some advice - try these places out see how it goes. I know exactly what I'm talking about, and if you'd like to prove me otherwise I'd be glad to show you. Agreeing with somebody else's viewpoint is not "repeating that same old rhetoric"; it's comfirming what they've said.

Good luck with your 'streetfighting', little boy.

8. agsmoke

agsmoke New Member

Is ther an age requirement on here to prevent kids from playing on forums like this? :confused:

9. Matsufubu

Matsufubu Valued Member

Obviously not, hence dumbass threads about streetfighting from mouthy teenagers. If you don't want to take somebody's advice, you don't have to be an **** about it. STFU and go train.

10. agsmoke

agsmoke New Member

Maybe you need to take a moment from your oh so demanding job as a bellhop and read some of the forums here. Lots of issues dealing with streetfighting huh! Wow....silly kid :)

11. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

Where did the bellhop thing come from, or is this some reference to a joke I haven't heard before?

12. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Those are very shallow criteria, Mav. You made this recommendation based on looking at his website? ??

13. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

No, I made it based on years of martial arts training and encounters with martial artists from all walks of life. Experience, to be short.

If you have an issue with any one of those, tell me what it is.

14. Matsufubu

Matsufubu Valued Member

I think that's a reference to the fact that I work in a hotel.

However, I'm the operations manager rather than the bellhop. All he can do is call me a kid, even though he seems to be a teenager himself. I mean, what sort of fool starts a thread asking about the streetfighting credentials of Kajukenbo? A teenager with no experience, that's who.

I don't care if he thought my original post was crap or not, he didn't have to be such an **** about it. And because I agreed with Kempofist I suddenly lack experience and don't know what I'm talking about?

As for there being posts with "Lots of issues dealing with streetfighting"...well, there's posts about the deadliness of ninjutsu and whether dragons existed. I guess mere existence is the required grade for worthiness.

15. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

Maybe he's gleaned from comments about me that he perhaps thinks I'm qualified to comment on Kajukenbo -despite I've only had about 4-5 hours total of seminar time with Kaju guys- and that's why he didn't yell at me too?

16. agsmoke

agsmoke New Member

Oh I apologize so you're the HEAD BELLHOP well now that changes everything :rolleyes:

Now I will try to explain this to you again. I apologize if it is difficult for you to comprehend American English because I know its challenging sometimes. Read through the threads so you can see how many people discuss the effectiveness of an art in the street, or in a self defense scenario :bang:

I am not giving you a hard time because your original post was crap. I am only offering a little constructive criticism, but if your unable to accept that. I can only assume that you are some punk kid posing as an adult.

17. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

agsmoke, stop posting.

18. Emil

Emil Valued Member

:eek: OH MY GOD! For once I actually......... oh it hurts, agreewithMav! :confused: :D

19. agsmoke

agsmoke New Member

"agsmoke, stop posting."(MaverickZ)

Ladies first ;)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  20. Emil

Emil Valued Member

:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.