Ninjutsu for Self Defence

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Emil, Jul 26, 2006.

1. shinbushi

shinbushi Reaver

It is a flash of my dojo's sparring, not alive drilling. just to be clear. I showed it to Connovar to show that some Bujinkan dojos do spar. I don't want it posted here as an example of 'Bujinkan sparring' for 3 reasons.
    1. It is from my mixed art class so it is not limited to training my students have received in my taijutsu classes.
    2. They are mid Kyu level.
    3. I had already posted in on Bullshido as I wanted to prove my dojo trains in an alive manner and to get some feedback. I do not need to do this on MAP.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  2. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

and you shouldnt need to, training is personal, not for everyones amusement.

3. Atharel

Atharel Errant

Unless you make claims about said training. If you don't make any claims about what it is, no one will ask you to back those claims up.

If I claim that I am the owner of Microsoft, I would be expected to provide proof, even though my job is personal. Making claims about your training necessitates substantiation.

4. althaur

althaur Hunting scum

Atharel, he does. He has no reason to prove it to you. If he felt the need I'm sure he would have sent it to you also. :) Have a great night.

5. Atharel

Atharel Errant

He does what? And he has no reason to prove what? Who is he? Why are you incoherent?

Shinbushi isn't the one making claims, and I've seen his video anyway.

6. DJDREAMAKER

DJDREAMAKER Valued Member

The Ultimate Defence

WITH THE PROPER TEACHER AND PROPER MINDSET, NINJUTSU IS THE ULTIMATE SELF DEFENCE BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN COMBAT TESTED FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGAINST MANY VARIOUS WEAPONS AND ENEMIES.
    BEFORE HATSUMI SENSEI MET O'SENSEI TAKAMATSU, HE WAS ALREADY AN EXPERIENCED DOCTOR AND HAD VARIOUS DEGREES OF BLACKBELTS IN MANY MARTIAL ARTS AND WAS TEACHING THEM IN HIS OWN DOJO. HOWEVER, HE COULD TELL THAT THE FOCUS WAS MAINLY KATA AND KNEW THAT NONE OF THESE ARTS WERE THE TRUE FORM OF MARTIAL ARTS SO HE SEARCHED FAR AND WIDE ACROSS MOST OF JAPAN UNTIL HE MET O'SENSEI TAKAMATSU AND AFTER ONLY TWO DAYS OF TRAINING WITH HIM, HE STATED NOT ONLY THAT HE HAD FOUND THE TRUE SOURCE OF MARTIAL ARTS BUT ALSO THAT ALL THE OTHER KNOWLEDGE AND BLACKBELT DEGREES IN THE OTHER ARTS WERE WORTHLESS COMPARED TO WHAT HE HAD FOUND. THAT IS THE GRANDMASTERS PERSPECTIVE, THIS IS MINE... I HAVE BEEN STUDYING NINJUTSU SINCE I WAS EIGHT YEARS OLD AND I HAVE BEEN IN MANY FIGHTS SINCE (INCLUDING TWO WARS WHERE I DID KILL EIGHT PEOPLE IN HAND TO HAND COMBAT)AGAINST EXPERIENCED MARTIAL ARTISTS AND STREET-FIGHTING THUGS ALIKE, NOT ONLY AM I STILL ALIVE, I HAVE COME OUT VICTORIOUS IN EVERY SINGLE FIGHT.

7. Lily

Lily Valued Member

DJDreamaker, welcome to MAP. Just some friendly advice, please take off the caps lock button when posting to make your posts easier to read. :)

Next point, I'm the last person who would make fun of anyone (and in your case I'm a little scared as you have 'killed eight people in hand to hand combat') but the circumstances call for it.

You're a tool and I don't believe your post.

Buh-bye,
    Lily

8. althaur

althaur Hunting scum

It must have been coherent if you were able to read it. :p From the timing of your post I responded to, I thought you were questioning Shinbushi. Ahem, my mistake.

We still come back to the point, that no one on here is obligated to PROVE anything to you or anyone else though.

9. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

Unless this was some weird sort of performance sarcasm, 2 things:

1. Don't post in all caps.

2. Please don't claim that Ninjitsu/Tai jistu/Etc is thousands of years old. Or that it is the ultimate self defense.

Both of these above things only serve to undercut your arguement and credibility.

- Matt

10. Atharel

Atharel Errant

No one is obligated to prove themselves to me (or anyone else with critical thinking skills) only insofar as they are not required to be taken seriously. If asking for proof is bothersome, don't make claims that warrant substantiation.

11. Emil

Emil Valued Member

Just a question, what wars were these. If it was the two Gulf Wars, you must have had some talent as a soldier, as you were only 10 in the first Gulf War.

12. DJDREAMAKER

Loyalty

Thanks for the welcome and advice.

Why would any circumstances call for you to make fun of anyone?

What do you mean by "tool" and what don't you believe about my post and why? If by tool you are refering to me as a weapon in the sense of a Shinobi, than I am proud to be one. I have pledged my life and allegiance to Soke Hatsumi and Ninjutsu and I would gladly take my life if he asked. I am eternally grateful for all of the knowledge, wisdom, guidance, and instruction that he has given me as well as his kindness. I will never feel that I have repaid him for all he has done no matter what I do.

13. Emil

Emil Valued Member

Hmmm.... I don't think that's what she meant.

14. DJDREAMAKER

I must say, that I am glad you responded to my post; as I had originally written to you. While serving in the U.S. Army with the 3rd Ranger Battalion, I fought in the wars of Afghanistan and Iraq.

15. Emil

Emil Valued Member

oh, ok.

Edit: Wait a minute. I thought the 3rd Ranger Battalion disbanded in 1971?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006
  16. xen

xen insanity by design

DJDREAMAKER.

first, let me welcome you to MAP :)

drop into the ninjutsu forum have a look around, its always good to have the opinion of shihan on some of the discussions over there, we've also got an intro's thread where you can introduce yourself to the regulars.

just a quick query..

when you sat the sakki test did you travel over to Japan or was it taken at one of the tai-kai?

17. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

Nope. They operate out of Fort Benning, Georgia.

Of course that doesn't necessarily mean anything. But, if you are really concered about DJDreamaker's service record, its easy enough to check. Just fill out a record request form:

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/standard-form-180.html

- Matt

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  18. althaur

althaur Hunting scum

Some quick questions for you. Where were you stationed in Afghanistan? When were you there? Are you still on Active Duty?

When did you receive your Judan in the Bujinkan? Who have you trained with besides Sensei? When did you pass your Godan test for the Bujinkan? Why aren't you on Winjutsu? Why does a Google search of your name and Bujinkan show nothing?

19. althaur

althaur Hunting scum

Why have I never heard ANY service member refer to our current conflicts in this manner?

20. Emil

Emil Valued Member

I'm not concerned - I just thought they had disbanded.