Soul Calibre II

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by pgm316, Jul 21, 2003.

1. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Got it on the XBox yesterday.

And in my opinion it claims the best fighting game spot with ease!

It looks amazing, but its the gameplay that really wins it

2. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

Curse you people in the the UK. Its not out yet in the US. Im going to buy it when it comes out though.

3. AikiSamurai

AikiSamurai New Member

I've played the Japanese version and it's a great game. Misitrugi is so great in that game....crazy sword stances.

4. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Should only be a few days before it's here. I can't wait :).

Does it have specific styles for the characters?

5. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

oh man :/ my girlfriend is alredy griping about how much time I spend playing KOTOR.. now I have to ramp it up so I can finish it b4 SC2 comes out here in USA! dang!

6. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Ahhh KOTOR. Two more weeks then it will be mine!!! MINE!! :D

7. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

I'm almost finished it... 2 major battels to go I think - the Sith Master approaches! made it through with absolutely ZERO dark side points. My plan wa to play it again gettign no light side points but if SC2 comes out, well, ...

Here is a tip tho: try to keep you level advancement to a minimum until you reach Dantooine and become a Jedi. for example I was 8th level Scout, so my max jedi level will be 12th. (since yo can only have 20 levels). Every jedi level gives you more force powers etc so if I had avoided experience pts on Taris (the first planet) I would have been able to get 2 more jedi levels later a the expense of 2 scout levels.

8. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Yeh I got KOTOR a week ago an finished it just before the weekend. I finished it following the light side.

I started again to follow the darkside, but then I got SCII yesturday :D

9. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

Ooooo.... if you just want to skip to level 20 go to the sith base on korriban with a high computer skill and do the function in the training room on the computer that requires 0 repair parts.. do it over and over and you are level 20..tah dah.... or do get unlimited dark side just go the the little person on your ship and yell at her to get off of it over and over and that works too....

but I guess this thread isn't about KOTOR.....

10. Mr C

Mr C New Member

I got Soul Calibre 2 on Game Cube and Link is perhaps the greastest fighter of all time in ones own opinion!
    By the way I am from GREAT Britain.

11. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

I got it on monday...on xbox. And spawn is great. PS2 and GC got crappy special characters compared to Spawn.PS2 got it the worst. But im glad I got this game. Its great

12. Terry Matthes

Terry Matthes New Member

I pwns that game with Nightmare. He is the man! I wish you could play that game over the net. Tournaments would rock!

13. Mr C

Mr C New Member

Link is the best, becuase he fits in with the medieval theme of the game, Spawn does not fit becuase he is a modern character and he "starred" in a crappy film.
    One more thing "GameCube rocks to the Frick'en core, man!"

14. djhallib

djhallib Guest

Haha...is SCII out for the PS1 perhaps? :(

I guess tekken3 will have to do.

15. Terry Matthes

Terry Matthes New Member

Yes it is and your special character is that old man from Tekken that wears the wooden shoes.

16. Mr C

Mr C New Member

His name is heicachi and he's not bad, but he dosn't have a weapon, which kind of defeats the point of soul calibre.
    I think most people are likley to say he is the best exclusive character but only because the number of PS2 owners is greater than GameCube and Xbox put together. oh, and sorry but SCII isn't on psOne djhallib.
    P.S. any Nintendo GameCube fans out there?

17. kenshiro

kenshiro New Member

Let me say this - the best version is the X-box (it got rated the best)

Then Gamecube

Last as always PS2.

As for the characters who would you go for. Soul caliber is all about weapons so in my opinion Link kills it.

What is so special about spawn huh??? (even though spawn was rated the best charecter to have on each plaform)

and heicachi.. pah don't make me laugh

I do not own the game yet.. I am waiting for the soul Caliber 2 joystick to come out for the Gamecube.. Gamecube should have brought out a joystick ages ago. Have u played Capcom vs Snk 2..
    the controls are disgraceful.

Any PS2 peoples don't take this the wrong way, this is only my opinion but as far as the PS2 is concerned I have not seen one game that really utilizes the full capabilities of PS2's power. Playstation is all about quantity not quality in my view. I mean I have seen some dreamcast games that smacks PS2 games in the face, and the dreamcast has half the power of a PS2. PS2 needs to fix up and start making cames that utilizes PS2's power. I know for a fact that the PS2 is a very powerfull machine so it should show this.

Many Thanks

Ferdinand - P.S any PS2 fans feel free to slate me off but I wanna hear people speak up about their machine.

18. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

I agree I've plyed lots of games where I thought they could have made it better. Nightmare and the soul edge are amazing, maxi really fast too. I think it sucks that PS2 gets Hiyachi from Tekkken and Gamecube gets Link, and X-box gets Spawn

19. Sekmet7

Sekmet7 Valued Member

Hey! what's wrong with Hiyachi? You dont have to have the "good" special character! The rest of of them kick enough a** as it is! :cool:
    Besides, the PS2 rocks.

20. TheBorderer

TheBorderer New Member

Hey there, has anyone realised that in this game legendarry music man David Bowie of all people(!) makes a special apperance as a character in this game? :D