How do you feel after a fight?

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by NaughtyKnight, Feb 1, 2005.

1. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

How do you guys feel after a fight. I dont mean a sparing contest, I mean a fight for your life street fight?

After a fight, if I win, I usually analyse the fight. What I could of done better. I always find something wrong. My mind works really fast, throwing together hundreds of thoughts together at once. I long for another fight also, I have no idea why, but I always want a rematch with that guy so I can do more damage.

After about 10 mins after the fight my hands start to shake like hell. My mind still works bloody fast and I start to feel something like fear. My senses work a thousand times more powerfully, I can hear everything.

How do you guys feel after a fight?

2. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

How do I feel after a fight for my life street fight... err... very glad to be alive.

3. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

How often do you find yourself having to fight for your life? Sounds from your post like it's a regular event. If that is the case, then it sounds like that is what you should be spending some time thinking about!

4. hazzamoffin

hazzamoffin New Member

uhm this is a hard one to put into words.

I feel more alive after the fight, like i go through life half asleep the rest of the time. I know what you mean about your senses seeming more acute, and the feeling of fear that kicks in after a fight just seems to arrive after any moment you're about to get hurt/nearly killed.

I always analyse the fight, but normally an hour ot two later, often i find i can't rmember it all at the time. I think about what i could try differently in training if there was anything instinctive i did other might want to know. Its about then that i'm glad i could defend myself and reflect on what i just did, see if i hurt him too much. Its about here i get a feeling of guilt and i never get the feeling of wanting to go back.

For the next couple of days i'll get a wary fear when walking about by myself at night, find myself looking for ways i could run if i needed, or where people might hide. This gradually fades till i get back to normal

5. Dr.Syn

Dr.Syn Valued Member

Hoe do you feel after a fight?

Me I get a headache from the adrenaline dump and that includes a little shaking..Are you a cop? It sounds like you get involved in a lot of altercations..The best thing I feel is I'm going home alive at the end of my shift..

6. TwIsT

TwIsT Son Of Odin!

I always feel the need to return to, um, for lack of better term, FINISH HIM, but common sense kicks in,all the explosively violent thoughts Remain and i find i dont think i hurt them enough but as i said...common sense.

Play backs work over and over in my mind and i wonder about what could have went wrong, or who was watching, and how good did i look?

All in all, very self centred...

7. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Shakes, cold feeling and once puked and that was after winning, another time I was so angry with the guy for making me fight I wanted to get tooled up and give him a bigger pasting, but lucky for us both I calmed down, that was over 20 years ago though.

8. NaughtyKnight

Im not a cop yet. Im thinking about joining up after I relax a bit more and get more ma training.

I find myself getting into fights quite alot. I dont enjoy doing it, I hate fighting, but im the kind of guy that people enjoy fighting to prove themselves.

Thanks for your responses. I was intrested in how people felt.

9. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

I never seem to get into fights for my life on teh str33t, its very upsetting really, all that training and no one to physically injure with it... I feel emasculanated (Is that the right word?)

10. NaughtyKnight

Thats a good thing. Fighting isnt very fun. Especially when you lose and wake up in a bus stop with blood all over you.

11. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Ive not had a real fight in a few years now (long may it last). but when it happened, I'd black out...as in no memory of the fight or anything up to 30 mins after it....... I always relied on eye witness accounts or cctv to tell me what happened..... glad to say tho' even when I wasnt conciously doing anything, all my instincts took over and dealt well with the situation......afterwards, I just felt tired and sore. and hungry.

12. NaughtyKnight

Yeah I feel hungry after, but the worst is how angry I feel. I feel angry towards everyone and snap at anyone that tries to help me. Let it be mates trying to clean up the cut on my head, to my girlfriend trying to make me feel better.

13. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

My anger dissipates with the last punch/kick. I guess Im lucky that way. :D

14. NaughtyKnight

That you are. :D

15. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

I feel a nervious energy and a wanting to get out of the area and immediate danger situation.

Sometimes a little gag reflex when the adrenalin is wearing off.

16. CobraMaximus

CobraMaximus Banned Banned

I feel very tripy. My adrenaline usually booms through the roof so only after a good nights sleep am I calm again. I just cnat stop moving and I feel totally pumped. I do analyse it but not while im sitll adrenaline influenced

17. old timer

old timer Just well worn !

Its such a long time ago for me, 10 years to be precise and I can't remember much about it, once the desire for self preservation kicks in everything else is just a blur, but I would be glad to escape uncut or with no broken bones, and once the adrenalin has stopped my knees knocking together I would leg it, I wouldn't hang around for the police to come and take me away.

18. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I feel an overwhelming sense of dread because I know I have about thre hours worth of paperwork to get through....

One of my motto's "If you hit 'em, arrest 'em"

19. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

This is a good summary of my experience too. It happens in any adrenal dump situation. Fight or no fight. I once helped at the scene of a roadside accident, helping adminster emergency first aid and I felt the same way about half an hour after.

- Matt

20. danceofdeath

danceofdeath Yaw-Yan PASAY

stupid, id feel stupid for fighting if i could just run away instead.. ahehehe.. i hate fighting.. i mean, we at Yaw-Yan are trained to fight.. i just dont like to do it OUTSIDE the ring.. you know what i mean? ahehehe.. i dont like myself and others getting hurt for something i know that we coudve talked bout instead