Falcaro Sensei

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Nutjob, Jul 10, 2010.

1. snake_plisskin

snake_plisskin Valued Member

For the record, it was Joe Pitsco and Nevin (covered in some really interesting tattoos), not Eric, who showed up from Dave's place. Joe's title couldn't have been more far off from "deshi"--"Shihandai". How on Earth I managed to screw up "Shihandai" for "uchideshi" is beyond me. My apologies for the incorrect word choice.

--Snake

Oh, and this is going to sound really stupid, and possibly weird, but maybe what happened was that the kid pushing against Dave's chest ran at Dave so fast, he (the kid) didn't want to actually head butt Dave, and so reeled back at the last second in a panic, and Dave seized the moment and thus, "Kablammo."

If you want to know more, do a search for:

Sogobojutsu
    Lehigh Valley Warrior Arts
    Neji Gekkan Ryu

Everything ya'll might want to know is there; they're really open about what they do, from what I've ever been able to tell.

Cheers,

Snake

2. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Joe and Nevin are middle level students.

Here is Eric Fichter he just got his Shodan, 2nd student of Daves to get it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k82sFGLDj5E&feature=related"]YouTube- Jutaijutsu, Eric Fichter Uchideshi[/ame]

Deshi would have been correct as student

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

So you're saying uke attacks with the headbutt, not tori?

Plus Tori tells uke to push with both hands, which uke does, but then also somehow attacks with a headbutt as well?

I just don't think that makes sense Snake.

I'm not having a go at the vid in general, I understand demos vs real training and all that, I'm just trying to get an explanation of what this bit of the video is about.

Mitch

4. bujingodai

The attack is uke going for a shove

5. stephenk

stephenk Valued Member

So, Dave:

Why aren't you charging a token amount and using that to pay for your own training?

6. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

Yes. Looks like what tori is trying to do is absorb and redirect the force back into uke. Not an uncommon thing in Daito ryu, but I've seen it done better in Systema.

Tori's timing is a bit off (slightly late) to make that actually work (assuming that IS what he's trying to show).

As for the clip in general -- lots of strength used to make the techniques work, resulting from Tori nearly always being slightly outside the optimum positioning parameters for what he ends up doing.

*Looks like* the result of watching a lot of aikijutsu videos.

7. bujingodai

My students know that they can donate if they wish. I do charge some money for seminars and such, but again mostly to cover costs.

I am not sure why I do not really. I pay out money to train, travel and such. I guess I also look at it as personal travel.
    I have a decent income, I teach out of my basement. I don't think I have much a need to charge the money.
    I doubt by that some token as many would state here, I shouldn't be charging money for what I am offering.

8. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Quick question, what aikijujutsu training do they actually have?

edit I found their website:

http://web.me.com/sogobujutsu/Godaishin_Dojo/History.html

http://web.me.com/sogobujutsu/LVWA,_Godaishin_Dojo/LVWA.html

''Method

The art that we live has a lineage of about two thousand years. It has been battlefield tested for over a thousand years. Any methods or techniques that did not work died long ago in battle along with the men who attempted them.

In ancient times, thousands of men gave their lives in the perfection of this art. It is presented to you in its truest form.

-Falcaro Sensei
    ''

''Technical influences

We are influenced by a great many Koryu (old samurai derived martial arts families). We are not Koryu. We don’t call are selves Koryu and cannot be considered Koryu. We are a Neoclassical warrior art. This means although we are new, we draw our knowledge from a very deep well.
    ''

''Our Daito Ryu Line
    Our Take No Uchi Ryu Line
    Muraha Yoshin Ryu
    ''

Lots of info here:
    http://web.me.com/sogobujutsu/Godai...tries/2008/4/23_David_C._Falcaro,_Sensei.html

I particually liked

''* What do you feel about the political (online) problems that your group has faced?

First off, I think it is a horrible thing that martial artists can be so petty. E-Budo (the online forum dedicated to making childish fun of martial artists) is a cruel joke. Members of E-Budo whom engage in such witch hunts should be ashamed of themselves. E-Budo was the first (as far as I know) but is in no way the last. This bashing of fellow martial artists is a trend. This trend has really taken off and has become a wide spread pastime for many. Any respectable person, who has read these online threads, would agree on the ridiculousness of the accusers.

Often I have witnessed accusers make up background stories about people than make up more stories in the way of some type of silly defense. Then they all gang up on tearing into the person for all of the things they made up about them. Another thing they make fun of are websites. This is their bread and butter. They pull text and photos off of websites, import it into online threads and rip it apart. They alter content, deface photos, and even pick on grammar. All of this is done before getting a real understanding of whom it is they are picking on.
    ''

Im guessing if he thinks ebudo is a cruel joke hes never been on bullshido!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  9. Manga

Manga Moved On

Fusen said - "Quick question, what aikijujutsu training do they actually have?"

I'm not sure but I think they have unagi.

[​IMG]

Also, what kind of bojutsu is this? Seriously, what kind?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpf50OWoVE"]YouTube- Rokushakubojutsu No Kaeshi Gata, Fouts and Falcaro, Sensei[/ame]

10. bujingodai

His teacher is Edward Smith, Sensei.

11. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

According to the video its off the cuff bojutsu.

12. bujingodai

We all make errors of this like as far as having uke taken to somewhere you don't have them.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2otmp6GLjYw&feature=related"]YouTube- Adam Gets thrown by a Ninja[/ame]

You got caught up in some BS about this years ago. You are skilled and we all know it, but sometimes it just happens right?

No disrespect intended here.

And as for their Bojutsu I do not personally know of the lineage or ryu it is taken from I can ask.

13. Dead_pool

14. Dead_pool

Indeed the way most people perform a ganseki type throw/projection doesnt trap the arm securely (especially if they limp arm out of the underhook) like it should be.

If you want to be kind, perhaps dale misjudged how the guy was going to react.

15. Manga

Manga Moved On

16. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

Actually no, but many viewers preferred to believe I was "trying to do a technique" and flubbed it rather than protecting a non-martial artist from injury via a "chuto hanpa" approach. I even said, on camera, immediately afterward, something like' "You wanted to see what "a ninja" would do, so I was just escaping".

That didn't make it through editing, but there were witnesses on hand up to judan level I can cite by name if anyone wants to verify it.

It was after that that Adam wanted to see something aggressive/controlling and asked what I might do if I had a weapon. That was when I did my thing with the shuriken; he didn't even know I had it until i showed it to him as I helped him gef up and then showed him what would have actually been going on with just a few degrees of position change of my hand at each stage. That kind of freaked him out, knowing it had been in my hand the whole time.

17. Dead_pool

18. The Unholy

The Unholy Banned Banned

How about you start things off with your own videos?

Honestly Dave, you have disappointed me several times over the years as I tried time and again to see you in a good light, only to once again see you reverting to such low tactics.

That idea has got to be one of the most popular tactics used by trolls. The whole, "who are you to judge" bit just goes over like a lead balloon if you have been on the internet for more than 6 months. The idea that anyone who won't put a video on line, or go out to personally to see someone should just shut up goes against the basic sense of rights most of us have.

How about you Dave? Where are your videos on the internet? Before you demand others do it, do it yourself.

The saddest thing is to see that you are abusing your position to undermine the basic premise that MAP is built on and for which it receives a lot of supporters. You are supposed to be working for MAP, not tearing it down for your own agenda.

MAP is popular among people like Nutjob, Manga and Dean because they don't have to give their real names. Right now we know that Anthony Cummings is trying to find Manga's real identity because she said things he does not like. The secrecy that MAP gives her from people of questionable sanity like Domatello is probably why she is here instead of elsewhere. But if Dean, Mange etc, start posting videos, those nut cases might be able to track her down with the information given.

This is a very low thing you do to use troll tactics, demand others put videos of themselves up when you have not, try to put folks at risk and undermine the message board you are supposed to be helping just for the sake of your ego.

If you can't trust yourself to respond like civilized folk, then refrain from posting on any topic where you might revert to your true form.

19. snake_plisskin

snake_plisskin Valued Member

Roger that, and agreed. Just to clarify my thought:

I was actually thinking not that uke was trying to do a head butt, but instead rushed at tori too fast and in order to avoid inadvertently smashing his teacher in the face with his own (uke's) face, had to pull his head back while his feet were still going forward. When my wife's ex-husband bull rushed me in 2008, and I held my ground, his motion described a sort of backwards "pull" at his head, because he was trying to avoid slamming into me. Um, he didn't do the second, spinning-off-into-space part, though!

But you are right, it's a grab. I haven't finished the thread and I've just hit the "quote" button as I've passed your message, so anyone, pardon if this reply is outdated.

Dave (bujingodai), I do indeed stand corrected on the job titles/rank. Worst case of ass-u-me'ing I've done in a long time. At least since last night, when I thought maybe my wife was going to have off from work for once, and made plans to go out.

Cheers,

Snake

20. bujingodai

Oh please I am not tearing down MAP. What by asking someone to put up something, or to disagree or defend myself or my friend.
    Have you taken a moment to view how arrogant you come across sometime.

I respect what you know Don.
    I am so very upset that I disappoint you.

Um I posted my videos on the other thread, and if you look at any Jihi Bujutsu Kai Tai Kai on the net I am teaching there, but I suck as has been proven. I was not the one critiquing the video, hence I wasn't the one putting up. I was defending my friend

And like I have said to others if you believe I shouldn't be doing this position report me and I will be taken off detail. I am not abusing anything, I am not editing your posts, I am not closing threads unless I need to.

Don, honestly.